PDA

View Full Version : Big Display SubPatch Level + SubD bug 2015.2

raw-m
04-09-2015, 12:35 PM
Got a subD object. If I'm in Front Wireframe mode and I knock the Display SubPatch Level to 0 I still get the subD wireframe along with the Display SubPatch Level of 0.

If I then switch to Textured Shaded Solid Wireframe without touching anything I can see the mesh poking through - so I basically have two versions of the same model.

If I save a Transformed version it saves 2 meshes in the same object - a subPatched version and Display SubPatch Level of 0. Could explain why LW has been crawling and crashing a lot recently(?). Can anyone confirm and I'll fire off a bug report?

lertola2
04-09-2015, 05:52 PM
I noticed this today also. Display subpatch level zero is not working properly I think.

raw-m
04-10-2015, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the confirmation - reported.

bobakabob
04-10-2015, 03:24 AM
Thanks for finding this and reporting. That's a serious bug. I've also noticed Layout crawling and resorted to faffing about with open GL to no avail. Recently loaded an animated character took the mesh down to 0 and couldn't understand why things didn't speed up.

raw-m
04-10-2015, 11:36 AM
Hi all. Can I ask a little favour? The devs can't reproduce this at their end, I get it 100% of the time. Any chance you can post your specs, see if there is some common ground?

I'm on a Retina Display MacBookPro, Latest Nvidia Cuda drivers, Yosamite 10.10.3, lw2015.2.

This is how it's reproduced: http://youtu.be/4hdap45l3G8

raw-m
04-11-2015, 04:56 AM
PS. Just out of interest, the people having this problem, do you have LWCAD or some TrueArt plugins installed? I've found a bug in LW (not LWCAD/TrueArt, I hasten to add!) where just having some plugins installed messes with LWs "Polygon Handling" - it currently breaks Spline Control if you try to convert a spline through "Curve to Spline" bought in from Modeller. Deleting these plugins also rectifies the Display SubPatch Level issue, for me :(

Sensei
04-15-2015, 07:47 PM
PS. Just out of interest, the people having this problem, do you have LWCAD or some TrueArt plugins installed? I've found a bug in LW (not LWCAD/TrueArt, I hasten to add!) where just having some plugins installed messes with LWs "Polygon Handling" - it currently breaks Spline Control if you try to convert a spline through "Curve to Spline" bought in from Modeller. Deleting these plugins also rectifies the Display SubPatch Level issue, for me :(

Confirm whether it happens also with Bezier polygon handler,
http://www2.trueart.pl/?URIType=Directory&URI=Products/Plug-Ins/Bezier
and if so, attach link to download it in bug report to NewTek.
Better record video of whole issue for them though.

You might also check whether the same issue happens with 2015.1, 11.6.x etc.
Then they will know when it was introduced.
It doesn't make sense.
As these plugins are not even called.
In 2nd part of your video above, you made cube, but never created my or Victor custom polygon..

Every4thPixel
04-16-2015, 03:17 AM
I've LWcad and some TrueArt plugins installed but I haven't got the sub-d bug.

raw-m
04-16-2015, 04:35 AM
Really strange (and annoying). For me, even though they aren't used, just having these plugins installed gives me this bug and also breaks the "Spline to Curve" script, giving me a "Polygon Handling" error. I can't think what else is going on that causes this. I spent ages loading the plugins one at a time to find which ones were giving me the issue so don't know where to go from here!

gerry_g
04-16-2015, 05:16 AM
there is a problem with modeller export of open curve as motion path in LW2015, – if you cancel the export procedure second attempt throws up warning dialogue saying 'plugin failed to initialise', and thereafter if you draw out a new bezier curve you get multiple iterations of it on screen, only a quit and re-iaunch fixes it. Have LWCad installed but no Trueart plugins. As to sub patch problem, have done several save trans exports at sub patch level zero in recent months and have never once seen this, haven't tried on my laptop though just the nMacPro

raw-m
04-16-2015, 05:30 AM
Ps. All is ok in 11.6. Thanks for everyone's feedback, I'll go through the preferences and compare between 11.6 and 2015, perhaps there's something I've missed.

Holding out for that MacPro refresh, Gerry!

gerry_g
04-16-2015, 05:46 AM
word of note – outputting at level 0=sub patch level 3, if you want minimum level output sub patch level 1 is required, and I tested save trans in 11.9.6 and got no problems

Every4thPixel
04-16-2015, 06:22 AM
Could it be a system regional setting causing this?

raw-m
04-16-2015, 08:20 AM

Would never have thought of that! I did change it when I installed Yosemite to get Spotlight to work. I'll get back to you on that - long weekend now, back Monday :D

raw-m
04-20-2015, 09:07 AM

Changed it but still the same issue. Just out of interest, what is yours set to?

Sensei
04-20-2015, 02:29 PM
Do what I said in #7

Every4thPixel
04-21-2015, 03:11 AM
Mine is set to English US. On other systems it's set to UK and also no problem there.

raw-m
04-21-2015, 03:16 AM
Thanks Every4thPixel.

Sensei: Yes - deleted all plugins - all is OK. Load just the Bezier plugin, create the model as seen in my link and issue returns, without going into Modeller to use it! I've reported it.

raw-m
04-21-2015, 03:21 AM
PS: Sensei, more specifically - it's the Class "PolygonHandler"/"Bezier_PolygonHandler" entry that is the cause. As mentioned, I have this also with LWCAD.

Looking more closely at the Extensions 2015.2 preference file, everything that starts with:
Class "PolygonHandler"
is causing me issues.

Why would that be?