PDA

View Full Version : Corona for Lightwave bad news???

Niko3D
04-08-2015, 07:07 AM
My point of view is...Yes, it's a bad news!
...and again LW is not considered...for ArchViz more and more distant.

https://corona-renderer.com/blog/corona-renderer-1-0-one-month-after/

News Possible New Plugins

SketchUp & Modo We are currently evaluating the possibilities of bringing Corona to these two platforms. Nothing is 100 percent certain yet, but these two platforms are in our view-finder.

lardbros
04-08-2015, 07:53 AM
Does it matter so much when we already have Maxwell, Octane, Renderman, Kray and Arnold?
Corona looks nice... but I kind of feel you can have too much choice sometimes. :)

3dworks
04-08-2015, 07:56 AM
ouch. i wonder why, as potentially LW offer a much larger user base than modo. maybe because of SDK limitations? or because there was a push from the foundry? or because not so many LW users showed interest?

there's never too much choice, lardbros ;-)

jasonwestmas
04-08-2015, 07:59 AM
Does it matter so much when we already have Maxwell, Octane, Renderman, Kray and Arnold?
Corona looks nice... but I kind of feel you can have too much choice sometimes. :)

It might matter depending how you work. . .sometimes, just sometimes I find a piece of software that I absolutely adore because it happens to have a few features that really fits the context of how I am working. Not that the other pieces of software that I don't use are crap, they just fill different needs that I don't have. I support the attitude of curiosity especially in the CG field.

lightscape
04-08-2015, 08:09 AM
or because there was a push from the foundry?

I'm betting on this. Brad is just the master of pr. He was able to bring the guys from groboto in house and convince them to integrate meshfusion into modo 901.

And I'm wondering where is Rob Powers? No communication from Newtek as usual.

mummyman
04-08-2015, 08:18 AM
Maybe Rob is working on the new Avatar films?

lightscape
04-08-2015, 08:28 AM
I don't think he's still the head of VAD is he?
Can he do both jobs at once? That's super powers!

mummyman
04-08-2015, 08:30 AM
No clue... Just gotta trust he knows what he's doing! And cross our fingers!

Niko3D
04-08-2015, 08:36 AM

For me the BIG point is another one...and it is always the same.

Every Render engine supported almost all 3d package.

- Maxwell supports every 3D package and you need a medium/big renderfarm...with very long timing of work.
- Octane supports every 3D package but is GPU (it's a limit), it is fast and the quality is very high but not like Corona.
- Renderman for Lightwave?I know and I'm sure will be incredible...but...When?...and it will be accurated for ArchViz?
- Kray...for now is too slow!It has the same quality of Vray 3 years ago. We'll see wnhe they will release Kray3.
- Arnold is super. But I tried it...and in ArchViz is not good. I mean is not accurated for ArchViz. Infact practically no one use it for ArchViz.

The point is...Lightwave is super for animation, genoma, rigging ect ect...but for ArchViz, in a professional way not amateur, it is cut off. This is the REALITY!
Doesn't exist an render engine updated.
I am very angry because I love LW and I've more than 10 years of experience with it, but every news about renders engines are never and never for Lightwave...always 3DSMax or C4D...is it possible???I don't understand why to NT doesn't matter.
I live and work in London and no one use Lightwave for ArchViz!!!!This is surreal!I feel really excluded...:(...and of course the quality is very different.

Sorry I repeated "ArchViz" 1000 times.

juanjgon
04-08-2015, 08:55 AM
LightWave doesn't have big limitations in the SDK to integrate render engines, this is not the problem.

The only thing that the LW community can do to get this kind of plugins is to make noise in the renderer forums, send emails to the company and so on. Usually the development resources are used for the most requested features or applications.

And yes, RenderMan and Arnold are not designed for architecture visualization. Currently the best choices for architecture visualization are Octane, VRay and Corona, but currently we only have good luck with one :(

-Juanjo

Niko3D
04-08-2015, 09:15 AM
LightWave doesn't have big limitations in the SDK to integrate render engines, this is not the problem.

The only thing that the LW community can do to get this kind of plugins is to make noise in the renderer forums, send emails to the company and so on. Usually the development resources are used for the most requested features or applications.

And yes, RenderMan and Arnold are not designed for architecture visualization. Currently the best choices for architecture visualization are Octane, VRay and Corona, but currently we only have good luck with one :(

-Juanjo

This is the point!!!
I'm sure that Lightwave is SUPER for VFX, animation, control's bones, rigging...ect...but (at the moment in an professional ArchViz pipeline) is better SketchUp than LW!!!Guys I said SketchUp not Maya or some new super 3D package!!!...It's like...Paint is better than Photoshop.
It's very easy to use, it supports DWG format, has VRay engine, Maxwell engine, Octane and soon Corona and this is VERY VERY ridiculous for us and for NT I think.
I'm very sad...and angry!
I don't want to snub Sketchup, but it has more points in ArchViz.

Wickedpup
04-08-2015, 10:26 AM
...as potentially LW offer a much larger user base than modo.
Do you have actual numbers that supports this? If so I would like to see them, since my impression is quite the oposite...and of course could be an explanation.

lardbros
04-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Totally fair argument from JasonWestmas and Niko... I see your point. From a purely Archviz side, we are lacking in a renderer... Especially when most of the competition has vray. Maybe one day eh? Most likely not though. :(

3dworks
04-08-2015, 11:18 AM
Do you have actual numbers that supports this? If so I would like to see them, since my impression is quite the oposite...and of course could be an explanation.

no recent numbers, unfortunately - my impression being more based on the number of companies showing their cg work on platforms like behance etc. and the number of active forum users on both the modo and LW forums.

as for the most popular software packages used in archviz, there is a yearly survey done by cgarchitect.com which latest results are partially shown in this (http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5374e29ee4b0d4555963d113/t/54666dcde4b000e37a0a9cb1/1415998925423/Unity3D_whitepaper_WEB.pdf) document... - which is of course focused on unity, as they are using results of that survey to underline the growing importance or interactive and realtime software.

as you can see, there is a 20% of 'others' in the diagram about 'how software is currently used' in page 13, which might include both, modo and LW. cinema 4d is at an 8% of market share in this area, less than expected.

if someone has better numbers about modo/LW users or the full survey data - this would be interesting stuff!

cheers

markus

Niko3D
04-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Totally fair argument from JasonWestmas and Niko... I see your point. From a purely Archviz side, we are lacking in a renderer... Especially when most of the competition has vray. Maybe one day eh? Most likely not though. :(

Of course...I'm talking only about ArchViz...(3000 times now, ahahaha)
But for my point of view it's ridiculous that one 3D software very powerful and cool like Lightwave is less considered in this field.
It's no good for us (professionists and not) and for NT because this situation doesn't give the right value to Lightwave...that is very powerful software and it deserves more.

Niko3D
04-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Page 13...Lightwave is not even mentioned!...:(...Is it a right situation?!
In any case or the situation will change...or we will be forced to move to another package (3DS) because will be a mandatory standard in ArchViz.
Now in London is already like this unfortunately.

papou
04-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Modo 194 (34.7%)
Sketch-up 92 (16.5%)
Rhino41 (7.3%)
Standalone 64 (11.4%)
Lightwave 165 (29.5%)
Vue 3 (0.5%)

Too bad. Lightwave wasn't in bad position into their vote pole.

hrgiger
04-08-2015, 01:14 PM
Maybe they'll consider Lightwave when Autodesk buys The Foundry and they kill Modo. :)

Oedo 808
04-08-2015, 02:10 PM
If someone were to approach the group and offer to develop integration with LightWave as juanjo has done with Octane, what might put them off going that route, would it be that it would still involve a fair amount of work their side and that they don't expect there to be sufficient demand for it to be worth it, or would it be more that they would be unwilling to share the revenue so would rather develop any integration either in house or not at all, any ideas?

Maybe they'll consider Lightwave when Autodesk buys The Foundry and they kill Modo. :)

Lol, wouldn't that be something.

One bonus for The Corona guys not going with LightWave is that they are so much in love with their trendy licensing and probably know that a number of the LightWave userbase would go for perpetual which they'd rather not see so they can keep parroting on about how few have taken up that option.

Not that I imagine a great deal of users would buy it anyway.

spherical
04-08-2015, 03:28 PM
Modo 194 (34.7%)
Sketch-up 92 (16.5%)
Rhino41 (7.3%)
Standalone 64 (11.4%)
Lightwave 165 (29.5%)
Vue 3 (0.5%)

Too bad. Lightwave wasn't in bad position into their vote pole.

Wait! What? LightWave is a mere 29 votes less than Modo and they choose SketchUp instead!?!?!? Why? Because it's second in the list? This is what I see all the time and it sure isn't good for LW3DG to have many other product creators not even consider aligning with LightWave. Just bad image, if nothing else, and it tends to feed into itself the longer and more times it happens. When the product one uses keeps getting dissed, it does make one wonder....

Like Niko3D said: "Paint is better than Photoshop" it seems. It's like playing with alphabet blocks. Yeah, I get that it's "easy to use" and that means more potential for cash by developing for it. Doesn't make it better; just a bigger two in the bush. One commenter said: "Corona for Sketchup Please!!!We architects need it!!" Uhhhh, not quite accomplished enough to use AutoCAD? Not a very good architect.

Further, Thea Render conducted their poll only in the Licensed User section of the forum. Uhhhh.... way to skew the results right out of the gate! Gee, it just might be that widely publicizing the poll and allowing users of software that don't own your standalone, that might buy your product if you did make a plugin for the primary application that they use, would get you a larger, and therefore more accurate, sample. From the numbers, above, it sure looks like Corona did the same. Dismal response. Woohoo.

jwiede
04-08-2015, 06:12 PM
Open public popularity survey are notorious for being highly susceptible to data corruption/skewing if entry is not gated somehow, and even gated ones offer little useful market data by themselves (if any at all). In order to achieve useful/meaningful market potential statistics, product popularity stats need to be carefully correlated against other stats gathered from (ideally, the same, or at least similar) sample populations, such as pkg users' willingness to buy accessory products/plugins, pkg market growth trends (and of those pkgs' plugins), etc.

lightscape
04-08-2015, 08:30 PM

I do. Its a monthly analytics of 3d vendors and 3d clients and lightwave is in the top 5. Modo is even below rhino in the lower top 10.
Do you have anything to back up your impression?

MG artist
04-09-2015, 12:47 AM
Sketchup is the first "3d" app I ever used, it's ridiculously easy, even children can use it. They can't be serious about using it professionally. Sketchup gained much attention somehow and I can't believe that top renderers actually support that and not Lightwave.

Wickedpup
04-09-2015, 01:39 AM
I do. Its a monthly analytics of 3d vendors and 3d clients and lightwave is in the top 5. Modo is even below rhino in the lower top 10.
Do you have anything to back up your impression?

Link please?
And an impression is a perception ....so how do you suggest I back that up? By gathering links and screengrabs of all the places, articles, advertisements,etc. (insert long list here) where Modo pops up, and Lightwave is notably absent?
Just to humour you, here is an example of a blog that when I started following it, one could not find Modo or Lightwave related stuff in it. That has changed......http://www.creativetools.se

Niko3D
04-09-2015, 02:45 AM
https://corona-renderer.com/forum/index.php/topic,238.165.html

Check the discussion...the last 5 comments.

kolby
04-09-2015, 03:45 AM
Sorry guys, but as I said in the beginning in some other thread. The Corona developers are from Czech republic and Lightwave is here considered as a dead software for more than one decade. Do not expect Corona plugin for LW any time soon. Only chance is 3rd party developer like Juanjo or someone else.

Niko3D
04-09-2015, 03:55 AM
Sorry guys, but as I said in the beginning in some other thread. The Corona developers are from Czech republic and Lightwave is here considered as a dead software for more than one decade. Do not expect Corona plugin for LW any time soon. Only chance is 3rd party developer like Juanjo or someone else.

You're right!
So...C'mon Juanjo!!!You are our only hope!!!...ahahahah...;P

JohnMarchant
04-09-2015, 04:38 AM
LightWave = Native renderer is good. Octane great, Kray OK, Maxwell good, LW to Arnold is coming on, why do i need Corona ???

50one
04-09-2015, 05:05 AM
LightWave = Native renderer is good. Octane great, Kray OK, Maxwell good, LW to Arnold is coming on, why do i need Corona ???

Yes, it's on pair in terms of quality/vs. time and shading capabilities with Mantra, Vray and Arnold. We don't need Corona.

Now, please give yourself a big smack in the face and wake up lol.:D

lightscape
04-09-2015, 05:27 AM
Link please?
And an impression is a perception ....so how do you suggest I back that up? By gathering links and screengrabs of all the places, articles, advertisements,etc. (insert long list here) where Modo pops up, and Lightwave is notably absent?
Just to humour you, here is an example of a blog that when I started following it, one could not find Modo or Lightwave related stuff in it. That has changed......http://www.creativetools.se

Its under NDA as anyone who delves in analytics should expect. You do sports? Do you think they devulge information?
If you're going to point out advertisements that's pretty weak. An informed person would probably point out company job placements, job ads, freelance project availability. Now where do you see Modo or Lightwave jobs and projects out there? Both in low demand compared to other appz.

Niko3D
04-09-2015, 05:27 AM

Please read better the discussions...
We are talking just about ArchViz...so...Arnold is no good for that. Octane is GPU. Maxwell is no good for timing office work.
The native render engine is very Good!!!But the point is another one...for ArchViz render in high and professional quality we don't have any chance.
Then ok...we can remain to use the native render engine forever.

Niko3D
04-09-2015, 05:34 AM

Because, perhaps, it is the best Render engine at the moment for ARCHVIZ?!It has the last technology for that...it's cheap, it's very fast and easy to use (very simple setting)...so?

JohnMarchant
04-09-2015, 05:37 AM
Oh ok, so if im into ArchViz then i need it.

Niko3D
04-09-2015, 05:52 AM
Oh ok, so if im into ArchViz then i need it.

You are not obliged, but if you would like to improve your render's quality and to be update the answer is YES...but you don't even other chance.

3dworks
04-09-2015, 01:37 PM
https://corona-renderer.com/forum/index.php/topic,238.165.html

Check the discussion...the last 5 comments.

well, i posted my request right now and hope anyone else interested will post there as well. ;-)

Lewis
04-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Guys, thee is no point in debating it. Corona guys arent' intereste din LW and it's simple as that. Since poll didn't convince them to do LW version there is nothing we can do about it, BUT can you blame them ? Even LWG3D don't give much credit to Arch-Viz market or fully understand how big that market actually is. So it's fully understadable that Corona guys aren't so much interested in LW.

Sad but that's the reality :(.

3dworks
04-09-2015, 01:56 PM
well, imo it never hurts to continue to make noise. you never know why they decided for modo. it could be the same reason why they would have a second thought for lightwave.

Niko3D
04-10-2015, 02:45 AM
Guys, thee is no point in debating it. Corona guys arent' intereste din LW and it's simple as that. Since poll didn't convince them to do LW version there is nothing we can do about it, BUT can you blame them ? Even LWG3D don't give much credit to Arch-Viz market or fully understand how big that market actually is. So it's fully understadable that Corona guys aren't so much interested in LW.

Sad but that's the reality :(.

The winner!
Totally agree Lewis...
I just don't understand why...since there is a real lack of an plugin for ArchViz (Vray or Corona)...NewTek doesn't push for that and try to building a relationship with ChaosGroup or Corona.
When in that field nowadays is a standard quality...and the all others 3D packages have it!.

50one
04-10-2015, 04:11 AM
well, imo it never hurts to continue to make noise. you never know why they decided for modo. it could be the same reason why they would have a second thought for lightwave.

I'm not surprised why they chosen MODO(It lead the poll after all), but then the decision to cater for Sketchup makes more sense as it's preety much standard these days - especially budget productions.

I don't know much studios or artist that use Lw forArchviz ( just a bunch) and if you were' to compare galleries of MODO & LW you will see quite significant difference in the amount of archviz stuff done in M.

Sadly, the LW rendering engine is god fr NPR stuff and some general shots(outside especially) but GI interiors takes a lot of time to master, while in Corona is click/forget and 1 hour later you'll get some really nice output, due to good colour/tone mapping add some post to it and you'll get really nice image.

I'm not going to argue about the userbase, but I think the "active" user-base is much bigger when it comes to Modo, yes LW probably has more users. obviously the number of people being active on forums is not a true indicator but it gives some clues, plus you don't really hear about LW being used quite often, same goes from MODO but at least they're making some buzz and from good source I know they're really pushing for the product/automotive and with newest release it will be really good for archviz and some FX work too.

I seriously think that the only think LW devs could do keep LW really relevant in FX industry is make the Arnold port built-in and focus on Modeler a bit more.
If you don't innovate you die as a company, sad but true.

lightscape
04-10-2015, 05:01 AM
Well it seems Thea renderer has abandoned Modo plugin development.
http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/discussion/topic.aspx?f=4&t=107558&page=1

Probably the market for Modo and Lightwave are just not good for thirdparty renderers right now. It was before. The built in renderers for both are pretty good today.
Sketchup otoh is the best platform for archiviz and thirdparty renderers. Huge userbase. Kray 3 is doing quite well over there which seems to be taking an effect on kray 3 getting ported over to lightwave.

Niko3D
04-10-2015, 05:35 AM
I'm not surprised why they chosen MODO(It lead the poll after all), but then the decision to cater for Sketchup makes more sense as it's preety much standard these days - especially budget productions.

I don't know much studios or artist that use Lw forArchviz ( just a bunch) and if you were' to compare galleries of MODO & LW you will see quite significant difference in the amount of archviz stuff done in M.

Sadly, the LW rendering engine is god fr NPR stuff and some general shots(outside especially) but GI interiors takes a lot of time to master, while in Corona is click/forget and 1 hour later you'll get some really nice output, due to good colour/tone mapping add some post to it and you'll get really nice image.

I'm not going to argue about the userbase, but I think the "active" user-base is much bigger when it comes to Modo, yes LW probably has more users. obviously the number of people being active on forums is not a true indicator but it gives some clues, plus you don't really hear about LW being used quite often, same goes from MODO but at least they're making some buzz and from good source I know they're really pushing for the product/automotive and with newest release it will be really good for archviz and some FX work too.

I seriously think that the only think LW devs could do keep LW really relevant in FX industry is make the Arnold port built-in and focus on Modeler a bit more.
If you don't innovate you die as a company, sad but true.

You're right.
Yes, Lightwave for exterior is brilliant...but for the interiors there's no way now.
For me the problem is the "standard required" obviously.

spherical
04-10-2015, 02:38 PM
Well it seems Thea renderer has abandoned Modo plugin development.

Giannis disclosed back in October, 2014: "Nevertheless, we didn't find a viable way to continue the plugin development for various (mostly technical) reasons out of our hand." "We found certain technical difficulties and absence of interest (not from us or users) and we believe that Modo is not an option for us, at least at this point in time."

It's the non-technical part that I'm curious about. Anyhoos, here's how the poll stacked up:

Thea for Revit 14% [ 41 ]
Thea for FormZ 14% [ 40 ]
Thea for Modo 11% [ 32 ]x
Thea for ArchiCAD 11% [ 31 ]
Thea for Lightwave 10% [ 27 ]x
Thea for Bonzai 9% [ 26 ]
Thea for ZBrush 8% [ 22 ]
Thea for Maya 6% [ 16 ]
Thea for VectorWorks 4% [ 12 ]
Thea for Houdini 4% [ 11 ]
Thea for AllPlan 1% [ 3 ]
Thea for SolidWorks 1% [ 2 ]
Other... 7% [ 20 ]

Again, not what a statistician would consider to be a significant sample. "Other" is a shotgun across a plethora of applications, some of which I've never heard, so essentially noise that may have been better applied to more known applications that had a chance of being chosen. FormZ and Bonzai could be lumped in together, so are the big winner. No clue what the little "x" is after Modo and LightWave but, seeing as how Modo is axed, it doesn't bode well.

allabulle
04-10-2015, 08:15 PM
"No clue what the little "x" is after Modo and LightWave(...)"

It's where you casted the vote, you traitor! Hehe!

But seriously, a plug-in of any renderer would always be welcome. Even if the native one is sound. I find myself using Thea more and more, and it's a pity I can't use it like Octane in LightWave. Niche (and not so niche) markets bring users to the 'ecosystem' that otherwise would not be there, and with that comes a lot of good things, besides revenue for the publishers of the software.

An example: since I export from LightWave to Blender to use its plug-in to Thea, I gradually start doing more things there. At first some simple adjustments, later some detail modeling, adding this and that, then keyframe something, adjust the timing, eventually doing most of my camera work there, and so on. The questions I ask other fellow Blender users I know sometimes are just plain silly, due to my inexperience, but others are well welcomed, since the mindset of someone else's way of doing things makes you see yours in a different perspective. At the end we invent solutions that probably wouldn't come thinking separately. I'm sure I explain myself horribly, but the likes of "we don't need it" to me are wrong in two fronts: less options for the ones already using LightWave (what's great about that?) and less new blood mixing here, with their silly questions and good new workflows.

I still love LightWave, by the way, and I'm eager to see what's next from the guys and girls at LW3DG.

spherical
04-10-2015, 10:38 PM
It's where you casted the vote, you traitor! Hehe!

Ya know, I think I remember that now. "Join The Rebellion!" Both of them. :D

But seriously, a plug-in of any renderer would always be welcome. Even if the native one is sound. I find myself using Thea more and more, and it's a pity I can't use it like Octane in LightWave.

Yes. I did a comparison of LightWave and Thea caustics and, well, there is none.

An example: since I export from LightWave to Blender to use its plug-in to Thea, I gradually start doing more things there. At first some simple adjustments, later some detail modeling, adding this and that, then keyframe something, adjust the timing, eventually doing most of my camera work there, and so on.

I've been in the mode of not jumping into Blender and forcing myself to learning it, because of the long-standing bad press on the UI. Now, we have a CNC Mill and, after trying a bunch of CAM software that really didn't fit well (lots of it are only 2D and 2.5D — others failed in one way or another), found BlenderCAM that will compute tool paths on a 3D object. So, with a solid purpose in mind, I'm learning the UI in order to get the output we need. In the process, Blender is seeping into my brain by osmosis.

The questions I ask other fellow Blender users I know sometimes are just plain silly, due to my inexperience, but others are well welcomed, since the mindset of someone else's way of doing things makes you see yours in a different perspective. At the end we invent solutions that probably wouldn't come thinking separately. I'm sure I explain myself horribly, but the likes of "we don't need it" to me are wrong in two fronts: less options for the ones already using LightWave (what's great about that?) and less new blood mixing here, with their silly questions and good new workflows.

This is very much like what we experienced at Penske Racing when Roger and Mark started getting into Offshore Powerboat Racing with 46' Deep-V Twin 500 CUI Aluminum Chevy-powered Cigarettes. We did our research, followed a few races by helicopter and noted what everyone was doing. Most of them were getting lost on long legs. They'd go for a while and then assume that they must have passed the marker boat and turned toward the next marker boat too early. Miss a marker and you're essentially toast. Solving this problem can mean big advances; just by not screwing up.

When on the open ocean in a boat that is doing 100-180 MPH, jumping from wave crest to wave crest, the Danforth compass card gets to oscillating and eventually just spins. Most people don't "do" cross-discipline. I do many. Coming from an aviation background, I postulated another approach. The coastline is densely populated with RDF transmitters that pilots use to home in on a course. We follow them all across the country. On the coast, they are close enough together that we could pick a frequency of one that is just wide of the vector to the next marker boat and nail it simply by keeping the needle centered. It was totally unaffected by the pounding. Once close enough, we could see the marker and alter course directly to it, round the boat and set course for the next. We ran that way unchallenged for quite a while, keeping the instrument panel under cover whenever in port, so that our unfair advantage wouldn't be found out. In racing, eventually, all secrets are learned and the other teams began installing RDFs.

That's why it's good to get out more. :D

3dslider
04-12-2015, 09:11 AM
I think instead to complain for Corona, there are a lot renderer out there, the only thing is maybe we dont find a really good renderer for lightwave who made all stuff and effectively. Me, i am new to Ligthwave and i love so much everything from rendering to animation. I studied carrefully it but i come from Blender world, so guys, if you want i could interact Cycles (free renderer) for Lightwave because Cycles does astounding render and realistic as well for Archviz (what do you think for that?) but warning it will make me alot time to adapt and for now i am learning programming... so dont expect too much from me, thus i am busy for other project too :)

CaptainMarlowe
04-12-2015, 09:15 AM
I'd be curious to know what can be done with LuxRender or AppleseedHQ, but once again, there is the plug-in problem...

jeric_synergy
04-12-2015, 01:50 PM
I'd be curious to know what can be done with LuxRender or AppleseedHQ, but once again, there is the plug-in problem...
??? What is that short-hand for, please??

hazmat777
04-12-2015, 02:34 PM

These two are the ones that I would most like to see working perfectly. It might even make me upgrade my whole LW9.6 system.

http://www.asilefx.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=70

http://www.shaders.co.uk/ifw2_nodal/

DAMAKERS
04-12-2015, 02:50 PM

Hahaha that statement really made my day... it may happen.. it may...

CaptainMarlowe
04-13-2015, 11:54 AM

LuxRender is an open source unbiased renderer, but it lacks a LW plugin. Someone had started to write a plugin long ago but let go in the process.

http://www.luxrender.net/en_GB/index

ApplessedHQ is another free renderer still in beta. But I kinda like what they did with the demo short movie.

http://appleseedhq.net