PDA

View Full Version : Getting artifacts when rendering?

sculptactive
04-07-2015, 03:49 PM
LW 11.6.2

I am getting white artifacts on the surface of my object when I render the scene.

When animated the surface looks like it is sparkling.

Any advice on how to remove this, appreciated.

spherical
04-07-2015, 07:58 PM
One-point polys?
Two-point polys?

sculptactive
04-08-2015, 12:22 AM
One-point polys?
Two-point polys?

Quad Poly model. 29 - 2 point polys.

JoePoe
04-08-2015, 07:58 AM
Those aren't two point polys. You are in POINT statistics. Those are points that are associated with two polys.
Switch to poly mode and check again for 1s and 2s.

edit: Also.... it's very hard to see the issue. Can you render without the texture? Still there?

sculptactive
04-08-2015, 10:18 AM
Those aren't two point polys. You are in POINT statistics. Those are points that are associated with two polys.
Switch to poly mode and check again for 1s and 2s.

edit: Also.... it's very hard to see the issue. Can you render without the texture? Still there?

Thanks for pointing that out. Here are the 2 point polys.....

JoePoe
04-08-2015, 11:33 AM
Okay, most of those are your bones.... they are supposed to be two point polys. But there are 10 more 2point polys than bones. Subtract the bones.... see what you're left with. If not bones... get rid of them.
ALSO... the >4 Vertices polys are also a concern on a subD model... although some of that could just be your curves. If they are polys in the mesh, fix them to be quads (or tris if you have to).

If you highlight each of those things one at a time, see if one lands on the spot your having an issue with. Fix 'em all, but see if you can identify the culprit for that area specifically.

(edit: just curious...my initial thought, BTW, was render fireflies from an HDR. Using one?)

sculptactive
04-08-2015, 12:07 PM
Okay, most of those are your bones.... they are supposed to be two point polys. But there are 10 more 2point polys than bones. Subtract the bones.... see what you're left with. If not bones... get rid of them.
ALSO... the >4 Vertices polys are also a concern on a subD model... although some of that could just be your curves. If they are polys in the mesh, fix them to be quads (or tris if you have to).

If you highlight each of those things one at a time, see if one lands on the spot your having an issue with. Fix 'em all, but see if you can identify the culprit for that area specifically.

(edit: just curious...my initial thought, BTW, was render fireflies from an HDR. Using one?)

All cleaned up. Not using HDR, but fireflies is kind of the effect i'm getting..
The >4 Vertices were just the curves left over from making the Skelegons and the extra 10 x 2point polys were also left over from making the Skelegons.
All removed, but none were polys on the object itself.

JoePoe
04-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Okay.... render away!

Or... have you already done that and you're saying the problem persists?

sculptactive
04-08-2015, 12:17 PM
Okay.... render away!

Or... have you already done that and you're saying the problem persists?

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.
I will do some some test renders later tonight.