PDA

View Full Version : Excellent news about my computer !!!

rednova
04-06-2015, 06:19 PM
Dear Friends:

A few days ago, my pc with lightwave 9.6 completely died.
Today, I was called by the repair technicians, and found out all that was bad was the power supply.
For 99 dollars, they replaced the power supply and now the system works just like new.
They even cleaned the pc very good.
I was afraid lightwave 9.6 will not work again.
I connected my pc, and reinserted the dongle, I tried loading lightwave 9.6
Great !!!! lightwave 3d works just fine, both layout and modeler.
Not only lightwave still works, but it even seems like is finer it used to.
I am very happy about this, it means I can keep learning sasquatch and G2.
I will probably later upgrade lightwave, but for now I want to take 9.6 to the max
Great News !!!

Sensei
04-06-2015, 06:32 PM
Replacement of power supply for 99 usd seems quite expensive. I am paying 24-32 usd for 500 W power supply here.
When power supply fan is starting to be really loud, it's a sign to clean it up and/or replace it in advance before it'll die.
If it's very loud at one day and next it's permanent quiet, it means fan died, and soon there will be permanent malfunction of power supply due to overheating.
Easy to spot, when you know what you're searching for.
The last couple times I even bought just fan in advance. Disconnected power supply. Removed old fan, and put new fan inside.
They're even cheaper. 4-5 usd.

hazmat777
04-06-2015, 06:47 PM
Replacement of power supply for 99 usd seems quite expensive. I am paying 24-32 usd for 500 W power supply here.
When power supply fan is starting to be really loud, it's a sign to clean it up and/or replace it in advance before it'll die.
If it's very loud at one day and next it's permanent quiet, it means fan died, and soon there will be permanent malfunction of power supply due to overheating.
Easy to spot, when you know what you're searching for.
The last couple times I even bought just fan in advance. Disconnected power supply. Removed old fan, and put new fan inside.
They're even cheaper. 4-5 usd.

I think Sensei is right for the most, but I imagine labor fees were part of the bill. Just keep a can of compressed air around and use it every couple months on the internals. Maybe more often if you have a cat that likes to shed fur. :)

Shawn Farrell
04-09-2015, 01:30 AM
Good news!