PDA

View Full Version : First Head WIP - Please be brutal

Meaty
03-05-2003, 07:23 PM
This is my first almost completed head model. Still needs ears. I used Larry Schultz's spline method.

A little backround for what this head will be used for. It is going to be used for its surface normals to generate a normal map for a low poly character. So the eye balls are just there for a standin now, and this badboy will likely never be textured, at least not the high poly version.

So would all the anatomy gods here please crit my head. Feel free to draw on the picture and repost it. thanks

papou
03-07-2003, 07:03 AM
That is ****, and you are a big ******* *******!
**** you!

dmg3d
03-07-2003, 08:24 AM
Chris-

Proportions look good. Excellent start. :)
Keep it up.

Good luck on the ears!

-Dave

Meaty
03-07-2003, 09:21 AM
thanks, i plan on using the ear tutorial from www.evil-plan.com

will post updates this weekend

Doran
03-07-2003, 09:40 AM
Good work. You seem to have to opposite trouble that most people have when they start, that being that you are making your forehead too tall instead of too short. The measure from the brow up it should be about 1/3rd the distance from the brow down to the chin unless you are planning a caricature.

Keep up the good work.

7.62mm
03-07-2003, 10:08 AM
good start. the eyes look very almond shaped, and as though the shape was pressed into the head. remember that eyes are spheres underneath almond shaped openings.

Meaty
03-13-2003, 08:38 PM
Doran and 7.62mm - i used both your suggestions in this revision, fixed eyes, and shortened his head... added ears. Funny, as soon as I was done with the ear, the folks at evil-plan.com took down their ear tutorial, nice timing eh? :)

Next, on to the body, sorry ladies, this lad will have his clothes on.