PDA

View Full Version : What I want from new lightwave

rednova
04-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Dear Friends:

I only want one thing from new lightwave.
That everything works without crashing.
That is all I need :)

ernpchan
04-04-2015, 12:30 PM
If memory serves, you're still using and old version of LW. Its possible that the current version has addressed the crashes you're getting. No software is perfect though.

3dworks
04-04-2015, 01:59 PM
LW for me is the most stable 3d program of my toolset, which basically includes modo, formz and cinema 4d. and my LW is packed with all imaginable plugins...
not sure what kind of crashes you are experiencing, but maybe it is a very specific issue? working on macs here.

good luck!

markus

jasonwestmas
04-04-2015, 02:02 PM
If there is a feature that crashes any program, I will find it every time.

gerry_g
04-04-2015, 04:24 PM
Am seeing network drive issues in 2015 (greyed out files, crashing at render time) but to be fair they were in 11.6.3 too, may not be entirely LWG's fault as Im on a Mac and Apple have been fiddling around with network settings and deprecating various protocols in recent OS's but still this has been going on for years so I would vote for better maintenance over new features any time, only thing I would really like is better UDIM support so shelling out for mari would make more sense.

Snosrap
04-04-2015, 06:50 PM
If there is a feature that crashes any program, I will find it every time.

Me too! :)

Snosrap
04-04-2015, 06:53 PM
LW for me is the most stable 3d program of my toolset, which basically includes modo, formz and cinema 4d. and my LW is packed with all imaginable plugins...
not sure what kind of crashes you are experiencing, but maybe it is a very specific issue? working on macs here.

good luck!

markus I'd have to agree with that as well. Although I can only compare LW to Modo 601. As far as my other DCC apps I'd have to put Photoshop high on the stability list, I think that's only crashed on me twice in 5yrs..

hrgiger
04-05-2015, 09:49 AM
Yeah I recall rednova that youre still using lw 9. It might be time for an upgrade.

motivalex
04-06-2015, 01:42 AM
Yes. Time for you to upgrade. The last feature release (9.6) in version 9 was in 2009, a very long time ago as far as tech goes. I'm on 11.6 and 9 is a dinosaur in comparison in regards to the Layout application. Modeler on the other hand still sits comfortably in the begiining of last decade. Though some useful additions like Genoma, fracture and some minor improvements have been bolted on to the modeler Frankenstein application. :)

vonpietro
04-06-2015, 05:10 PM
lw almost never crashes for me and i'm on 11.6.3 once i upgraded - many previous problems went away.