PDA

View Full Version : light editing: photometric lights, mass replacement of IES files?

3dworks
04-04-2015, 04:34 AM
how can i replace the IES file in a scene with over 200 photometric spotlights easily in layout without manually editing the LWS text file?

i thought it would be possible by selecting the lights in scene editor, opening the the light property panel and then choose the new IES file. but mass editing is NOT possible for most light properties, still in LW2015!! so i went the way of using the scene editors property list. i could change basic light properties, but the 'file' column in 'photometric light' properties is uneditable, it just shows the path of an IES file, but you cannot edit it!

if there is any other trick or this is maybe just a mac issue?

NT, please fix this - editing light properties is part of elementary scene editing! the best from user side would be to have a working mass editing in property panel for ALL light parameters.

i will try to edit the LWS file in a text editor now.

cheer

markus

Andy Webb
04-04-2015, 04:40 AM
Yes I agree this one one of the many issues with the lack of bulk editing.

Why it was ever thought users would only want to edit one item at a time I don't know.

3dworks
04-04-2015, 04:46 AM
never mind, the slim "adjust properties dialog" was hidden behind other windows. maybe it could be put in front and get a bit more evidence. i could select the new IES file path over there, then hit 'apply' and voila'. more than a dozen steps to change a path...

directly editing this in the properties panel just by selecting the lights, then hitting 'P' would be really better, just one mouse selection, one key hit and a path dialog!