PDA

View Full Version : How to make particles gradually drift away

rdolishny
04-02-2015, 01:42 PM
I have an animation that's working fine... I wanted a particle emitter to create dashed lines.

You can see the colour is fading to white, the transparency is fading away... but I also want the particles at the end of their life to drift up and away.

Any idea how to add an effector or some gradient trickery to have the white smoke in this demo drift up?

I was playing with velocity but there doesn't seem to be an option to drive that by 'particle age'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM1zWV7vfrA&feature=youtu.be

Thank you!

squarewulf
04-02-2015, 03:51 PM
You could just try making your gravity a positive number, then in your hypervoxels set the size to increase via the particle age along with transparency.

rdolishny
04-02-2015, 07:56 PM
You could just try making your gravity a positive number, then in your hypervoxels set the size to increase via the particle age along with transparency.

That will cause it all to drift up.

I just want the last remnants of the smoke to drift up. The 'young' smoke won't drift up because for the effect to work it has to look like a dashed line. After 60 or so frames, the particles can dissipate and drift up. Thanks, though. That's the idea!

prometheus
04-03-2015, 04:54 AM
might try with child emitter, and parent to the first and make the child emitter spawn particles at their death or at the end of the first particles.

squarewulf
04-03-2015, 10:16 AM
might try with child emitter, and parent to the first and make the child emitter spawn particles at their death or at the end of the first particles.

This works swimmingly.

rdolishny
04-06-2015, 08:50 PM
That's awesome. Thank you!!!