PDA

View Full Version : Viewport not updating with camera selection

tlw
04-01-2015, 04:40 AM
Hi,

I'm using Lightwave 2015 Update 2 on a Mac, and for some reason I'm having trouble doing something really simple with cameras:

I have two cameras in a scene. I have a single viewport. I set the single viewport view to Camera > Current Camera. I am in camera selection mode. Now I toggle between selected cameras using the up/down arrow keys. I would expect the viewport to change views, but it doesn't. The camera selection changes, but the viewport is stuck on one camera until I manually change the viewport to Current Camera again.

I'm sure I'm being stupid here, but I can't work out what has happened to cause this. Help!

Tom

magiclight
04-01-2015, 04:56 AM
Selecting a different object just change the selection, it has nothing to do with what the viewport is showing, so selecting a different camera mean that you will transform that camera if you do something in the viewport, but the camera used to display the viewport is a different thing, you have to change the viewport camera yourself to change it, hope that makes sense to you.

RebelHill
04-01-2015, 05:54 AM
Whats changed is that VPs now have independent cameras, so you're no longer stuck with only being able to view from the selected camera.

gerry_g
04-01-2015, 07:01 AM
yeah but even when it is set to current camera which is supposed to restore normal behaviour it goes flaky and does nothing of the sort from time to time without rhyme or reason, and worse I can no longer tab through my cameras in Scene Editor and have to painfully click through them one at a time, all is not well in 2015 land

tlw
04-01-2015, 01:59 PM
This is my problem: current camera view doesn't behave like it should: you have to select cameras manually. The reason I am struggling with this is that ok trying to use the camera selector master plugin, and I although it dutifully selects the right cameras at the right frames, I can't get the viewport to update accordingly.

jwiede
04-02-2015, 01:58 PM
This is my problem: current camera view doesn't behave like it should: you have to select cameras manually. The reason I am struggling with this is that ok trying to use the camera selector master plugin, and I although it dutifully selects the right cameras at the right frames, I can't get the viewport to update accordingly.
Ah, I encountered something similar with Camera Selector-driven changes not showing in VP with 2015 trial, didn't have time to figure out why at the time. Looking back, seems like another instance of this issue, quite frustrating at the time.

Do OGL previews properly "follow" camera selector changes?

gerry_g
04-02-2015, 02:48 PM
every thing works right and matches up right until it breaks then there seems to be no fixing it, first noticed it while I was playing with the beta of the new Hurleyworks plugin and thought that was culprit but it has persisted as something that just crops up every once in a while, possibly it affects only newly authored scenes old scenes seem mostly or totally unaffected but cannot swear to it.

Snosrap
04-02-2015, 10:53 PM
Yep, running into this as well.