PDA

View Full Version : FiberFX Issue

sfalvo
03-27-2015, 07:58 PM
Hi Guys,
I am having difficulty in placing hair where I need it to be. I started with a character imported from Daz Pro, but couldn't get the hair to render correctly. So I restarted using a sphere primitive I created in Modeler, and placing a weight map on the top half. I moved into Layout, and started FiberFX, activated the object and turned on the draw feature eyeball. There was a beautiful hemisphere of fibers, and I couldn't be happier. However a render does not reproduce this view. The rendered view is small / out of place and no matter what I do it doesn't improve. attached are some images to illustrate what I mean. Can anyone help ?

Dodgy
03-27-2015, 08:00 PM
We need the object as well to see how your scene works...

sfalvo
03-27-2015, 08:09 PM
OK - try this ... Thanks for such a quick response !

Sam

Dodgy
03-27-2015, 09:02 PM
I see the problem, you're using the Advanced camera. Turn it to Perspective, or if you have to use the Advanced camera, turn on the Volumetric toggle in the FFX panel>Fibers>Geometry>Volumetric only. This will render slower, but works with the advanced camera.

MSherak
03-27-2015, 09:14 PM
Hi Guys,
I am having difficulty in placing hair where I need it to be. I started with a character imported from Daz Pro, but couldn't get the hair to render correctly. So I restarted using a sphere primitive I created in Modeler, and placing a weight map on the top half. I moved into Layout, and started FiberFX, activated the object and turned on the draw feature eyeball. There was a beautiful hemisphere of fibers, and I couldn't be happier. However a render does not reproduce this view. The rendered view is small / out of place and no matter what I do it doesn't improve. attached are some images to illustrate what I mean. Can anyone help ?

Advanced Camera and FiberFX do not work together unless you use Volumetric mode. This is due to non-volumetric mode generates geometry that does not exist. Since the Advanced Camera can do many things with the rays that are cast, fiberfx is not able to adjust the geometry to it. The volumetric mode casts off the surface as a volume so it works with advanced camera since no geometry is generated. Course this means the render will be slower since it's volumetric. If you want the speed of non-volumetric use the perspective camera.

-M

EDIT hahaha a longer version of what Dodgy said, must have been typing responses at the same time.

sfalvo
03-28-2015, 08:07 AM
Wow you guys are AWESOME ! I can't tell you how many HOURS I spent reviewing every tutorial I could, that even remotely related to FiberFX I didn't want to burden anyone else with my little problem until I exhausted every avenue. I even RTFM and still didn't see it! I may have been so tired I probably passed over it ... more than once even !! What is more confusing, when I call up FiberFX, the advanced camera is what came up automatically, so I assumed this is what the developers wanted you to use. After having read through some of the convoluted solutions folks have come up with to work around things, I was almost afraid I would not see a simple solution. BANG! One key stroke and problem solved ! So I'll say it again ... You guys are AWSOME ! Attached is a render which took 14 seconds just to prove to myself really, that I finally did it ! Thank you .... !

Sam