PDA

View Full Version : Compositing Buffer Exporter for Network Rendering

mummyman
03-27-2015, 02:23 PM
Does NT or anyone know if this is possible? exrTrader works great using a network renderer. I use Royal Render and have for years. No problems. But trying to get the native Composite Export to work doesn't seem to want to do much. I'll keep messing around, but I just upgraded to 2015.2 and figured it might be there. But nope.

Greenlaw
03-27-2015, 03:26 PM
Same here...I normally use exrTrader with predictable results. About a year and a half ago, I was on a job where they didn't have exrTrader so I tried to use the native Compositing Buffer Exporter to embed aux data in my exr renders. I felt like I had to jump through hoops to make it do exactly what I needed and even then I had problems with some of the output results. Finally I just installed my personal copy of exrTrader on the client's render farm so I could get some work done.

I figured I probably didn't understand the intended workflow. Guess I'm not alone. :p

G.

mummyman
03-28-2015, 07:42 AM
Same here...I normally use exrTrader with predictable results. About a year and a half ago, I was on a job where they didn't have exrTrader so I tried to use the native Compositing Buffer Exporter to embed aux data in my exr renders. I felt like I had to jump through hoops to make it do exactly what I needed and even then I had problems with some of the output results. Finally I just installed my personal copy of exrTrader on the client's render farm so I could get some work done.

I figured I probably didn't understand the intended workflow. Guess I'm not alone. :p

G.

No you're not alone! I love seeing all the tutorials about it. Makes it looks so awesome and useable. But then I have to sit back and remember most of those are for a still image and not 3 mins of video and compositing. Still a great feature. Just needs expansion. Not sure how they could have gotten shows like Terra Nova done without exrTrader. I know they've used that and Lightwave for shows like that. Thanks for the response! Seems like they have pushed VPR to do things, but still would be usable by 1 machine. Not acceptable sometimes. But so fast. So close! I hate not knowing the future!