PDA

View Full Version : Using Match Perspective

Mr. Wilde
03-27-2015, 03:27 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if it is even possible to use Match Perspective properly on cropped images, or images with large camera distortion. What's the proper workflow to prepare the image plates before using Match Perspecive?

Thanks,
Rob

Waves of light
03-27-2015, 04:11 AM
Hi,

Tim Parsons (Snosrap) did a tut on it (don't know if this will help - as I don't have LW2015 yet):

https://youtu.be/ci4_ar0S7mk

50one
03-27-2015, 04:16 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if it is even possible to use Match Perspective properly on cropped images, or images with large camera distortion. What's the proper workflow to prepare the image plates before using Match Perspecive?

Thanks,
Rob

You should remove the camera distortion before matching the plate(If you haven't done this before - use the guides in photoshop and align lines with those guides - either with perspective transform and/or lens distrotion)

Greenlaw
03-27-2015, 09:24 AM
If you need it to be perfect, I agree with 50one. The tool assumes clear undistorted perspective lines to work from.

However, since this tools is intended for lock-off shots, a close match should be good enough for many situations. You'll probably want to stabilize the footage though--in my experiences, it's rare to get live footage that's truly rock-steady.

G.