PDA

View Full Version : Batch Capture Changes?

bradl
12-02-2003, 11:17 PM
Is it just me or did BC get even worse with patch 2? You can't even move field to field with Tab anymore. "P" was supposed to be a new field hotkey but I can't make it work, mostly because you are typing when you need to hit it and, doh, it types the letter P...

Tab seems to bring you to the first field over and over, enter doesn't seem to do anything useful, except when you don't want it to... the highlight on your current field seems to be all but gone now... TC's are changing on there own occasionally... Someone really needs to give the BC code a serious look as it seems to be a disaster right now.

One bright note: TC display now works during the Capture!!!!

bradl
12-04-2003, 08:15 PM
Anybody see the same things or have any comments?

bradl
12-06-2003, 05:31 PM
Nobody using BC anymore? Weird...

Are these forums dying?

bradl
12-11-2003, 12:02 AM
one week of silence...

is it just me or did it break?

RomainR
12-11-2003, 12:45 AM
Broke:(

the field to field thing definitaly broke

tmon
12-11-2003, 01:01 AM
Hey Brad. I haven't been using BC lately because of problems with RS422 control (despite Romain's attempts to save me).

Also, I'm holding off on Patch O2 because of the Genlock card problem (that has received the "silent treatment" as well), so I couldn't comment anyway...maybe later I'll get brave and install it, but right now I'm burned out on uninstall/reinstall chores.

Good to hear "TC" is showing up during capture...

Keep on posting away...

Rich Deustachio
12-11-2003, 08:14 AM
You are correct, the Tab doesn't work. I also tried batch capturing several clips using a DSR-11 deck with firewire control and some of the clips didn't capture the correct times.

Harri Raisa
12-11-2003, 10:11 PM
I did try BC to my project. 275 clips and I can say that there is major workflow issues.

- Comments lost after capture
- In Teds filebin no colum for tape In-Out points
- There is no "goto" in or out point
- Can't give timecode to goto

BC project is good, cause clips are ready to edit in Ted.

Harri

bradl
12-11-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Harri Raisa
- Comments lost after capture
- In Teds filebin no colum for tape In-Out points
- There is no "goto" in or out point
- Can't give timecode to goto

Did you have to mouse click to each entry field?

Goto is badly needed. I agree that In-Out data should be visible in FileBin and believe it or not, it is not even available in Speadsheet.

Harri Raisa
12-12-2003, 05:56 AM
It is available in Speadsheet BC-project, but if you move clip from there to Ted, it's gone........forever...........that's humor.

Harri

ted
12-12-2003, 10:37 AM
I'm not saying it's not a problem, but other then after installing each new build, we've only had one time when 422 control went bad.
We are not editing as much in the last couple weeks, but just yesterday we completed a project without losing Batch.
So far about 5 sessions went smooth. Maybe we just got lucky.

Our process may differ. Unless we have several clips in the same area, we usually mark the ins and outs of a clip, drag that to the timeline and record it.
We rarely make a complete batch list then walk away.
The main reason we use the batch is because we need the reel and timecode for each clip.

Harri Raisa
12-13-2003, 09:50 AM
I take clips in when tape changes or whole tape in one take. Inside BC.

Harri