PDA

View Full Version : Grow bounds of camera and resoution?

objuan
03-23-2015, 01:00 PM
I have a pre-existing animation all set up and rendered that the client and me like, but we have decided we want to start with a long slow zoom in. Right now, my HD 1080 camera starts focused on our subjects belly, and the action proceeds from there. We want to start with more of the body and zoom to the belly.

I could add another 450 frames at the start, and pull the camera back, and render out all 450 of those frames (times 3 for my separate passes) - but what I would rather do, is render 1 big frame (3 big frames) at like 1080x5, and then do my slow zoom in AE.

My question is: how can I setup a 2nd camera so that the central 1080 pixels are an exact match of my current camera, but it also renders an additional 2160 pixels on every side?

Any help would be much appreciated.

ernpchan
03-23-2015, 01:06 PM
2015 comes with an overscan option.

Or you could use the script that's in this thread to make a new camera.
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?141133-Clone-Overscan-Camera-single-shot-Generic-script-for-Layout-11-5

objuan
03-23-2015, 01:20 PM
Oh Ernest. I have been all busy with other things and havent been on here in like 6 months, and I come back, and you yet again have my answer for me in like 5 minutes.

I love you.