PDA

View Full Version : Unable to move/rotate object.

sculptactive
03-23-2015, 12:52 AM
This has never happened to me before and I am guessing I have ticked something by mistake.

I can no longer move/rotate the object/bones I am working on.

It is not the xyz buttons in the bottom left hand corner that is the problem it is something else.
The last thing I have did before I saw this problem was I set all the items in the scene to 1 in the TCB Spline tension box.

What have I done.

daforum
03-23-2015, 04:22 AM
Maybe you have "locked" them in the Scene Editor?
( the lock symbol will be next to bone name )

sculptactive
03-23-2015, 05:02 PM
Maybe you have "locked" them in the Scene Editor?
( the lock symbol will be next to bone name )

That's what I thought but none of the object/bones are locked in the Scene Editor.

Every single bone is locked

ernpchan
03-23-2015, 06:14 PM
Do you have constraints applied to the object?

Sensei
03-23-2015, 07:03 PM
Applied motion modified can have such effect.

sculptactive
03-24-2015, 12:05 AM
Do you have constraints applied to the object?

Can you explain where I would have applied constraints?
Thanks

Applied motion modified can have such effect.

Can you explain where I would have applied motion modified?
Thanks

probiner
03-24-2015, 12:38 AM
Don't have Lightwave here but:
- Motion modifiers are found in the motion panel in the first tab in the bottom list. Press 'm'. You could have for example Nodal Motion setting your object position.
- Constrains and limits again are found in the motion panel too in another tab. Check each transform channel to see if you wither have the object constrained to something else, or limited.

As I said I don't have LW here with me at the moment and I can't remember if one can lock or not animation channels. So check that too in the graph editor.

Cheers

sculptactive
03-24-2015, 01:39 AM
Here is a clip of the problem. This is me trying to move the Bones, but it is the same for the Camera, Lights, Object.......

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w432/embalse/LW/th_Constrained_zpsnwacz4hq.mp4 (http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w432/embalse/LW/Constrained_zpsnwacz4hq.mp4)

Don't have Lightwave here but:
- Motion modifiers are found in the motion panel in the first tab in the bottom list. Press 'm'. You could have for example Nodal Motion setting your object position......

Here is a pic of one of the bones in the MP. Cannot see anything out of place there...

probiner
03-24-2015, 02:58 AM
Checked the position sub tab? And Graph Editor?

Also I see the selected parent changed color. Is that the same bone selected in the image when you screenshot'ed it?

Also, do you have both auto-key [OFF] and Virtual Studio LIVE [ON].

And lastly any Master Plugins being used? Yes, shooting in the dark here :)

If no posted tip actually provides a solution, I guess you would be better of by sharing a .lws file with the bones.

Cheers

daforum
03-24-2015, 03:04 AM
Did you create the scene or were you given/ download it from someone?
( The reason I ask is that the problem might be an 'expression' or 2 tied to scene elements or master plugins added without you knowing )

sculptactive
03-24-2015, 03:46 AM
Did you create the scene or were you given/ download it from someone?
( The reason I ask is that the problem might be an 'expression' or 2 tied to scene elements or master plugins added without you knowing )

I created the scene myself.

The last action I made prior to me finding this error, was to set all the items to 1 in the Scene Editor/TCB Spline tension box.
I have since changed that back to "0" to see if it made a difference, but it did not.

Sensei
03-24-2015, 04:22 AM
Do you have auto key option turned on or off? Frame slider is at key?

How about Genoma etc.?

sculptactive
03-24-2015, 04:54 AM
Do you have auto key option turned on or off? Frame slider is at key?

How about Genoma etc.?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Auto Key is off, I don't like using it.
Not sure what Frame Slider is?
Never used Genoma

probiner
03-24-2015, 04:58 AM
Also, do you have both auto-key [OFF] and Virtual Studio LIVE [ON].

So is Virtual Studio LIVE [ON]? It's a toggle button.

hurley
03-24-2015, 05:02 AM
Check to see if you haven't accidentally turned on Full Scene Parameter Evaluation (FSPE) mode in the Preferences panel under Save Options. In the old days of LW that could cause all sorts of unexpected behavior.

sculptactive
03-24-2015, 06:09 AM
So is Virtual Studio LIVE [ON]? It's a toggle button.

BINGO!! Thats it.
I knew it had to be me pressing the wrong button.

Thanks for all the suggestions. As always I learn a bit more with every mistake.

probiner
03-24-2015, 06:48 AM
Without even opening LW, ah! [cracks fingers] lol

Good to know, cheers.

jwiede
03-24-2015, 09:59 AM
BINGO!! Thats it.
I knew it had to be me pressing the wrong button.

Not really your fault, IMO, LW3DG has overloaded that switch with too much functionality at this point. They need to relabel it "UI Update Switch" at this point, because so many things no longer properly update in the UI when it is turned off.

For that matter, if so much is going to hinge on it such that turning it off basically breaks UI updates, why is it even an option anymore? Whatever the value of turning it off used to be, it doesn't seem to be a useful choice anymore.

daforum
03-27-2015, 10:11 AM
Good to hear you fixed the problem sculptactive :)