PDA

View Full Version : Layout LW 11.6.3 Lost modeler

Joey_C
03-22-2015, 02:57 AM
In layout I lost the linking up with modeler.

How to I sync link modeler back up with Layout.

Image attached. 11.6.3

THANK YOU!!!

bobakabob
03-22-2015, 03:10 AM
Try opening the Hub first. Then use it to open Modeler and Layout. If this doesn't work, check your Windows firewall or antivirus isn't blocking any of the three. It might also be worth backing up your *cfg files and deleting them in the original folder before doing this as they may be corrupted.

Joey_C
03-22-2015, 11:27 AM
No luck yet, still trying if any more idea's

jeric_synergy
03-22-2015, 01:14 PM
FWIW, I too have been living without the very convenient F12 switch between Layout and Modeler. I don't like it.

My 'solution'/survival-hack was to use AHK to make a hotkey (ALT+L) that, in sequence, launched HUB, then Modeler, then Layout, with some short delays between to allow them to do housekeeping. This is exactly equivalent to launching them that way manually, but much more convenient.

It's BS that I have to do this, but at least it actually works. AHK is free, and highly recommended as it allows you to make macros and hotkeys beyond the capability of LW itself.

gordonrobb
03-22-2015, 01:19 PM
You may be suffering from a current problem that some Virus or Firewall programmes are causing. If you are, you will find you can only have Layout or Modeller open. If you click the link to open the other one, does nothing happen until you clse the first programme?

jboudreau
03-22-2015, 04:03 PM
In layout I lost the linking up with modeler.

How to I sync link modeler back up with Layout.

Image attached. 11.6.3

THANK YOU!!!

Hi

Not sure if this will work or not but it's worth a shot.

If you have two layout programs running at the same time then you won't have access to modeler through the hub. The button at the top right corner will be missing. What I'm thinking is maybe there is another layout running in the background that didn't end properly. Go into your task manager and see if you see two layout.exe processes running. If so end the processes and try opening layout again.

Other Options I can think of

Turn off your Firewalls and all Anti Virus Programs and try Layout again. Does this make a difference?

Delete Configs (Someone already mentioned this)

Uninstall Lightwave and Reinstall it again

Make sure your shortcuts to layout.exe in the target box doesn't have a -0 in there. This disables the hub

Hope this works for you

Thanks,
Jason

spherical
03-22-2015, 04:44 PM
Well, checking the supplied data in the OP's post, Modeler and Layout are running BUT the Hub icon is not visible on the right side in the Tray. Did you add "-0" or "-i" to your Layout and Modeler shortcuts, thereby preventing the Hub from launching and linking the two applications? If not, then it may be that you need to open: Layout.exe, Modeler.exe and Hub.exe properties dialogues Compatibility tabs and set "Run this program as an Administrator" for each of them. Some systems need this, others don't. It depends upon how your security permissions are set up.

gordonrobb
03-23-2015, 03:20 AM
Doh! I didn't look at that image. Sometimes the Hub icon is one of the ones hidden until you hit the little up arrows icon in that right hand but. But yes, it not running at all is a likley problem :)