PDA

View Full Version : Xg3helmet

~DD~Apocalypse
12-02-2003, 08:10 PM
Well, it's not the hardest thing in the world to make, but i simply love motorcycles that can break the speed of sound =) ehehehe
*dodges tomato*
This is the style of helmet they wear. i did this with Box editing and an early metform subdivide. I used my face as a logo on the side, hey, I aint the prettiest person bu WTF who really cares =)

~DD~Apocalypse
12-02-2003, 08:10 PM
anyone home?

~DD~Apocalypse
12-02-2003, 08:11 PM
and from t3h side!

~DD~Apocalypse
12-02-2003, 08:12 PM
I tried to make the front glass clear but no matter what setting i had it on it always showed up REALLY clear in the layout =(

veljko
12-03-2003, 01:47 AM
The helmet is ok,

i would not use the lw backdrop,
there are so many better solutions,
The easiest would be to make a poly like this and place the helmet on it

hope this helps..
and hope i will see a box with letters soon..

and please, compress your images more- they are way to large in mgbites..

riki
12-03-2003, 03:37 AM
whoa!! man that helmet is really rockin in the free world :D

Sorry couldn't help myself, but you should at least turn AA on.

I tried to make a helmet once here's a look at how far I got.

~DD~Apocalypse
12-03-2003, 09:37 AM
box with letters... ermm.. yah.. im trying =)

nice, the front part just needs to be sized down a tad =)
DOH! how i turn AA on again?

renderingfarmer
12-03-2003, 10:21 AM
AntiAliasing can be adjusted by selecting the camera and then Item Properties. It's right there in the middle, remember, unless you're doing a final render you'll never really need to go far above the "low" setting.

CMP 2003
12-03-2003, 11:46 AM
You should also consider strongly to turn on smoothing for the surfaces especially the glass part

The polys are visible and i think the glass and the rest of the helmet are the same glossiness , but otherwise the shape is good

~DD~Apocalypse
12-03-2003, 03:37 PM
glass and helmet are 100 gloss i think

CMP 2003
12-03-2003, 05:24 PM
The Helmet may need 100% gloss, but the glass, shouldnt,

Try this for the glass,

Luminosity-0
Diffuse------0
Transparency--95%
Specularity------130%
Glossiness-----+/- 50%
reflection--------10% (Give it a reflection map)
And high smoothing

The helmet looks good with the high gloss

~DD~Apocalypse
12-03-2003, 05:30 PM
1.) wth is a reflection map
2.) glass is tinted and there aint anything inside the helmet =O

CMP 2003
12-03-2003, 05:40 PM
when youre editing your surface, like color and transparency , click on the tab called ENVIRONMENT where it says reflection map, load an image, and then above that , where it says
backdrop+spherical map ,]

click Spherical map only

Hope that made sense, the results are pretty cool

~DD~Apocalypse
12-03-2003, 07:23 PM
thx!

gt3d
12-06-2003, 06:35 PM
without sounding too harsh i really dont see it ! it doesnt even look like a helmet to me ! i think you need to concentrate on the modelling before even thinking about whether or not the glass surfaces are correct or not! as far as i can tell it just looks like a cube thats been deformed a touch ! and all the surfaces are just that (surfaces) applyed to polygons ,you need to get some detail into it ,even if its just a rim around the visor or something , try modelling a basic shape then using either the smoothshift tool or the thickener script from bloch.com to add solidity to the mesh then maybe cut a visor sectrion into it and cut them visor polys out into another layer and then start detailing it up ! you should find bandsaw ,knife and smoothshift the staple tools for this kinda modellin job along with edgetools ! hope that helps some! if you want me to explain further ill do some illustrations of what i mean !:)