PDA

View Full Version : ProjectMessiah(dot) com

jburford
03-18-2015, 03:10 AM
Hmnn, looks like ProjectMessiah.com Site is now down and gone, or is it alive on the other side of the Pond?

dballesg
03-18-2015, 03:37 AM
It's dead from here in Spain! 8~

ernpchan
03-18-2015, 03:40 AM
Dead for me in California.

achilles
03-18-2015, 03:51 AM
Fori pocketed my subscription and disappeared. Great magician!

OnlineRender
03-18-2015, 04:01 AM
Fori pocketed my subscription and disappeared. Great magician!

I smell Autodesk !

jwiede
03-18-2015, 04:07 AM
Getting server connect error from URL here as well. Good riddance. I pre-paid for Mac MS6 and received _nothing_.

jburford
03-18-2015, 06:01 AM
I smell Autodesk !

Don't think so. . . just does not make any sense IMO.

lino.grandi
03-18-2015, 06:21 AM
I don't think Autodesk could be interested in Messiah.

ianr
03-18-2015, 06:46 AM
HE'S NOT the messiah,He's a VERY NAUGHTY boy!

quote: The Life of Brian:
copyright monty pythons.

(Life imitates Art)

raymondtrace
03-18-2015, 07:30 AM
A vanishing web site and license generator is one of those reasons to back up your license key file now (and the serial number of the HD to which it was installed... so you can re-apply that HD serial number to your new HD in the future).

jburford
03-18-2015, 07:43 AM
Shiite . . . Is the license generator down? Damn it, still had 2 paid Licenses to Generate Licenses for. . . . . Arrrgghhh

Reminds me of a German Saying. . . . "Lieber ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende'

roadster
03-18-2015, 07:43 AM
Call me a fool, but I bought several copies during the infamous sale. I found it didn't fit any workflow
I envisioned. First reason, - it claimed to have FBX, but it was only one way, as I recall.

I thought you Lightwave folks were supposedly in love with it?

I gleefully ignored the recent barrage of sales letters! ha, ha

jburford
03-18-2015, 07:48 AM
Call me a fool, but I bought several copies during the infamous sale. I found it didn't fit any workflow
I envisioned. First reason, - it claimed to have FBX, but it was only one way, as I recall.

I thought you Lightwave folks were supposedly in love with it?

I gleefully ignored the recent barrage of sales letters! ha, ha

You Lightwave Folks?? If you aren't a Lightwave Folk, what are you doing here?

Anyways, using it LW was pretty good with the Plugin, pretty tight Integration.

roadster
03-18-2015, 07:53 AM
Well when I bought Messiah, I had never used lightwave. Then since I bought lightwave, I hadn't heard much more about it - and allowed it to gather dust.

Are you still using it as a plugin? Or is genoma better?

roadster
03-18-2015, 08:00 AM
Darn. I paid full price for LW, too!

Could I have used Messiah for the $ 695 cross purchase!?

50one
03-18-2015, 08:05 AM
Getting server connect error from URL here as well. Good riddance. I pre-paid for Mac MS6 and received _nothing_.

So...after al their(his) marketing gimmicks you decided to give them any money?:P

You Lightwave Folks?? If you aren't a Lightwave Folk, what are you doing here?

Because it is a public forum(DUH!)...

jburford
03-18-2015, 08:13 AM
Darn. I paid full price for LW, too!

Could I have used Messiah for the $ 695 cross purchase!?

Yes, most certainly as well as from Blender!

jburford
03-18-2015, 08:16 AM
So...after al their(his) marketing gimmicks you decided to give them any money?:P

Because it is a public forum(DUH!)...

REally?? I haven't figured that out yet! Darn it, guess I have to read all of the Newtek Usage Information stuff again.

roadster
03-18-2015, 08:20 AM
Wow,

that would make Blender worth about 800 dollars cash! { by the older price} How many Blender "owners" did the deal?

[But I'm proud to say, " I paid full price - to become a lightwave folk! " ]

Surrealist.
03-18-2015, 08:36 AM
I am not sure what is happening but maybe it is too soon to jump to any conclusions:

http://setuptab.com/index.php/topic,8074.0.html

50one
03-18-2015, 08:53 AM
I am not sure what is happening but maybe it is too soon to jump to any conclusions:

AFAIK Fiori missed the deadline to renew the domain in the past so that's what probably have happened this time too...

jburford
03-18-2015, 08:57 AM

Thanks for the Link! Always went through ProjectMessiah way, forgot could also get to via SetupTab(dot)com.....

- - - Updated - - -

AFAIK Fiori missed the deadline to renew the domain in the past so that's what probably have happened this time too...

It would be funny then if someone else bought up the Site and put out a Tombstone and RIP Picture and left it at that! Fori would have missed the boat then and less chances at finding fools.

Oedo 808
03-18-2015, 08:57 AM
I hope something comes of it, even though I don't have a great deal of faith.

Having said that, I get why people are annoyed with the way things are conducted but the butthurt always seemed disproportionate to me, I bought it, I don't feel hard done by.

jburford
03-18-2015, 09:11 AM
I hope something comes of it, even though I don't have a great deal of faith.

Having said that, I get why people are annoyed with the way things are conducted but the butthurt always seemed disproportionate to me, I bought it, I don't feel hard done by.

Can't speak for others, but for me am quite p 'd off after the Run of putting out the message that 'Major Things are happenning', Coming now, last chance, buy in now (one last time), can't tell you but trust me.

Promising things to new and old customers and then disappearing into the night, and no further contact, messages, information or putting out what you stated. Pretty much leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and many others I am certain!

raymondtrace
03-18-2015, 09:12 AM
The domain is registered through August of this year. The hosting contract might have lapsed.

But seeing how the site in general was abandoned by Fori for the past years and Wegg has abandoned setuptab.com, none of this is surprising.

creacon
03-18-2015, 09:29 AM
but Newtek could, or should ;-)

I don't think Autodesk could be interested in Messiah.

Oedo 808
03-18-2015, 10:23 AM
Can't speak for others, but for me am quite p 'd off after the Run of putting out the message that 'Major Things are happenning', Coming now, last chance, buy in now (one last time), can't tell you but trust me.

Promising things to new and old customers and then disappearing into the night, and no further contact, messages, information or putting out what you stated. Pretty much leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and many others I am certain!

Ha, yeah, I know someone who wouldn't even use it based on that email, and it is a reason to be annoyed for sure, although it seems that going dark isn't uncommon. It just feels like there's been foaming at the mouth for way longer. Maybe I'm imagining it.

jwiede
03-18-2015, 12:43 PM

Most of the really shady stuff occurred long after MS6's presales and subsequent Windows release.

jwiede
03-18-2015, 04:38 PM
It just feels like there's been foaming at the mouth for way longer. Maybe I'm imagining it.

The Mac Messiah situation has been deteriorating for some time, and what happen w.r.t. MS6 is pretty serious by most reasonable stds (take money in advance then neither refund nor deliver). By the time the whole "big things coming" and subscription shady stuff came about, most halfway-observant customers treated those bridges as long-since burned.

03-18-2015, 05:48 PM
I got donations for 6 on the $40 deal, at one time. All still on the dongles installed to.

Too sad and funny.

Oedo 808
03-18-2015, 09:44 PM
The Mac Messiah situation has been deteriorating for some time, and what happen w.r.t. MS6 is pretty serious by most reasonable stds (take money in advance then neither refund nor deliver). By the time the whole "big things coming" and subscription shady stuff came about, most halfway-observant customers treated those bridges as long-since burned.

That's a good point, complaints about Mac compatibility or availability barely register with me any more, but taking money in advance for it then not delivering with no communication regarding it is different and pretty rough.

phillydee
03-18-2015, 09:58 PM
when Wegg left, so did I. He seemed like he really wanted to support avid users but (to me) didn't want to be the face of tech support for pMG. I feel for the guy, he did a crap ton of work on videos, support, tutes etc on Setuptab and I am eternally grateful.

pMG had tonnes of potential. Had the fastest interactive mesh deform I've used... really awesome expression system too.

Surrealist.
03-18-2015, 10:36 PM
As I said it is far too soon to be drawing any conclusions. Though they clearly should have notified people.

Here is the response I got from emailing the eos vision (http://www.eos-vision.com/contact-us-2.html) site:

Hi Richard,

Thank you, we're aware of the website not working. We're migrating over to a new server.

Kind regards,

Paula
pmG Worldwide, LLC
[email protected]
www.projectmessiah.com