PDA

View Full Version : MeshEditTool

jgutwin
03-14-2015, 12:43 PM
I have used the MeshEditTool class years ago writing plugins in c but I can't find the python version. Are they purposely left out of the python wrapper or am I overlooking something?

The MeshDataEdit class is there and well documented but not MeshEditTool.

John

ernpchan
03-16-2015, 04:18 AM
There's editbegin and editend under the pris page. Is that what you're looking for?

jgutwin
03-16-2015, 07:38 AM
No, that's not it, but thanks for the suggestion. There are two types of mesh edit in the sdk for the c language. One is MeshDataEdit (equivalent to pris editbegin and end) and the other is MeshEditTool. I have found what looks like a non-functioning stub named LWToolFuncs using print help(lwsdk). All it's methods seem to be placeholders.

I was hoping someone would know of a way to write a Modeler tool with drag-able handles other than using c. Maybe even a schedule for when it might show up for python.

ernpchan
03-16-2015, 09:54 AM
Ah I see. You could submit a support ticket. They're pretty good about responding. The documentation of the sdk is all over the place. This way you could get a direct answer instead of being stuck in a sadistic Easter egg hunt.