PDA

View Full Version : Howler price drop

Dan Ritchie
03-12-2015, 01:49 PM
Hi everyone. Howler is now available on Steam for the first time. They're pushing it as a tool for game development. Understandable, but a little a concern for me, as we are really a vfx tool. Anyway, they wanted to hit it at a certain price point, and so I've decided to match their price of $49.99 for a little while and see what happens.

http://squirreldome.com/Cart.htm

Marander
03-12-2015, 04:27 PM
Really cool and unique tool, just bought it, thanks :-)

jwiede
03-12-2015, 05:37 PM
I highly recommend Howler to anyone looking for a less-expensive but similarly-capable (in some areas more, some less) competitor to Corel Painter.

I already had a Painter 2015 license, but still picked up Howler. I realized that I needed a capable but lighter-weight option for times when I don't want to deal with a toolset as heavyweight's as Painter (quick sketches where still need decent media fx, etc.). Howler fit that bill almost perfectly.

Davewriter
03-12-2015, 08:26 PM
I, of course, just bought it before the price drop. It's a special gift I have, being able to shoot myself in the foot like that :)
Haven't done much with it yet - but it just seemed like it had a better feel to it. That I wouldn't have to know 96 keystrokes just to draw a line.
Glad I jumped in!

erikals
03-18-2015, 06:25 PM
pretty cool filter, maybe it can used together with LightWave FiberFX...