PDA

View Full Version : Save texture image

magiclight
03-10-2015, 04:31 PM
Hi!

Is there any way to save a texture from inside Layout, say I import an FBX file from some directory and then save it as an LWO file, after that I want to delete the FBX file because I don't need it any more, but it still depends on the texture images in the same directory, after importing the FBX I would like to save the texture maps to some other place (the content directory where I save the LWO file), but it does not look like there is any way to do that or am I missing something ?

The only way I can see is to copy the files manually to my contenty directory after the import and then reload them in the image editor again.

Or I would have to copy the original FBX and textures to the correct location before I import it so I domn't need to change them.

jwiede
03-10-2015, 09:07 PM
Or I would have to copy the original FBX and textures to the correct location before I import it so I domn't need to change them.

I think above will be the easiest approach, all things considered. ContentDir to {Content}. Put the textures in your {Content}->Images dir, put the FBX in {Content}->Objects, open FBX from there, and then save LWO to {Content}->Objects (which should "fix" proper texture locations in LWO as well).

rustythe1
03-14-2015, 02:05 PM
save as a package scene I would guess would export all the content (make sure not to tick preserve source directories or what ever it is called)