PDA

View Full Version : Open Quicktime or Chunking?

macjundi
03-08-2015, 01:59 PM
I'm not sure the correct terms... but I would love to have this feature... Some ingest system has this ability where... you can actually open the files while they are still being ingested... the files will keep growing.... You do not have to wait until it finished recording...
ToolsOnAir has Just:in, Dalet system and others has this... You can actually put the files in Final Cut Pro while they're being ingested...

What's the advantage... well you can start making edits... or actually feed it to an AutoQC System... as soon as the ingest starts... So the files can be AutoQC'd not long after it finished ingesting.... So if you have a clip that's 2 hours long...

SBowie
03-08-2015, 02:39 PM
This, of course, already possible within the NewTek product environment. I'm not sure how easy it would be to extend that to 'foreign' solutions, but it's a good request.

kanep
03-08-2015, 05:35 PM
Typically a SAN (or NAS) would need to be involved to make this work as well.

macjundi
03-11-2015, 09:07 PM
Yes it needs to be on a storage that has much more bandwidth than Tricaster Internal drives... Yes maybe you can share the drives via Window's share... but if you're writing 2 HD Streams into it, u probably can't do much more to it...

macjundi
03-11-2015, 09:10 PM
I just realized I didn't finish my original post.... so the sentence hangs... lol

"What's the advantage... well you can start making edits... or actually feed it to an AutoQC System... as soon as the ingest starts... So the files can be AutoQC'd not long after it finished ingesting.... So if you have a clip that's 2 hours long..."

it will only take a little over 2 hours to ingest and QC rather than 2 hours if you have to wait until the ingest is completed...