PDA

View Full Version : GoZ not working right in 2015?

sudac20
03-05-2015, 03:14 PM
Every time I hit "GOZ" to go back into modeler it creates a new version of my model. It makes it impossible go back and forth interactively between the two applications. Anyone have a work around or is it yet another bug?

Thanks

sudac20
03-05-2015, 07:45 PM
Same problem with LW 11.6... Must be a Zbrush 4r7 (64) issue. Is anyone using zbrush 4r7 and Lightwave? If so are you able to go back and forth without models auto saving as new version every time you use GOZ?

sudac20
03-05-2015, 09:14 PM
I think I figured it out...

It looks like GoZ functions differently now. I am not certain I like it, time will tell. You can no longer go back and forth to fine tune morphs (LWG will need to update the docs). Instead of updating your morphs interactively in modeler GoZ now sends a new object of the corrected morph. This means you will have to copy the new object into the BG layer of the original object and use the BGmorph command to update your morphs???

I hope I am missing something because this a workflow killer. I like the ability to work subtools now but something feels off on how GoZ and modeler are working.

DigitalDeuce
03-06-2015, 07:26 AM
This is a change in the GoZ executables from Pixologic. We're working with them to see what indeed was fixed/chagned on their side - but for the time being, you can install the GoZ from 4r6 and gain back the functionality without losing anything.

If you have access still to your 4r6 install, it is located in the folder "Troubleshoot Help":

C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R6\Troubleshoot Help <--- for PC
~Applications/ZBrushOSX 4R6/Troubleshoot Help <--- for Mac

If you don't - you can email me at [email protected] and I can try to get it to you. All this does, is just replace the 3 APP/EXE files that "are" GoZ. It doesn't affect anything else in ZBrush itself.

sudac20
03-06-2015, 10:06 AM
This is a change in the GoZ executables from Pixologic. We're working with them to see what indeed was fixed/chagned on their side - but for the time being, you can install the GoZ from 4r6 and gain back the functionality without losing anything.

If you have access still to your 4r6 install, it is located in the folder "Troubleshoot Help":

C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R6\Troubleshoot Help <--- for PC
~Applications/ZBrushOSX 4R6/Troubleshoot Help <--- for Mac

If you don't - you can email me at [email protected] and I can try to get it to you. All this does, is just replace the 3 APP/EXE files that "are" GoZ. It doesn't affect anything else in ZBrush itself.

Thanks for the clarifiaction.