PDA

View Full Version : Preview : Monsters plug-in for Fusion review

Stranahan
12-02-2003, 09:26 AM
I've did some screen grabs for a review I'm working on of a great plug-in set for Digital Fusion and DFX+ - SpeedSix's Monsters plug-ins.

Just thought some of you might be interested in a preview....these are a great purchase for Fusion users. There's a downloadable evaluation version, too.

http://www.speedsix.com/monstersfordigit.html

RomainR
12-02-2003, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the info Lee.

going to DL the eval and play with it.

Looking foward to reading the review. Where will we be able to read it?

Stranahan
12-02-2003, 11:37 AM
It'll be up on that page...it's an in process review, so I'll just be updating...

jr_sunshine
12-02-2003, 08:43 PM
Here's my review...

WOW !!!!!!

Does anyone know how much these freaking awesome plug-ins cost?

I tried the demo. They have everything plus the kitchen sink is in there.

Thumbs up !!!!!

RomainR
12-02-2003, 09:25 PM
I mailed the sales dep and got a speedy reply on the pricing.

I'd post the mail here but I'm not if I'm allowed to.

In the past I've gotten post happy and got smacked on the back of the head. OUCH.

So I'll let you e-mail for the info.

Stranahan
12-02-2003, 10:44 PM
They had a SIGGRAPH special price of $999, which is really a killer deal considering there are something like 150 plug-ins - and 3 of them are 'big ones' - one is a brush effects one, another does morphing, and the third biggie is a film look effect.

I don't know what the regular price is, but if enough people say they saw something here and want to buy, who knows? Companies sometimes respond to prospective sales boosts like that.

I've added a couple of new examples to my review page, too - some neat Filmstyle examples.

jr_sunshine
12-03-2003, 09:11 AM
I just received an discouraging e-mail from Steve Hayes at Speedsix. Although he did say the monster plug-ins would work with DFX+, he stated that speedsix DOES NOT support the monster plug-ins in DFX+. He stated the reason is due to the fact that they (speedsix) have not tested all the possible combinations of hardware for users of DFX+. Also, his answer to the price question: "The price for all 18 Boxes for DF4 is USD1499".

Also, I did have DFX+ crash a few times using the demos of the plug-ins. So, I guess that is what he is alluding to.

RomainR
12-03-2003, 09:15 AM
That kind of sucks.

Hey Lee,

where's that review again. I didn't see anything on the link that you posted up top.

Stranahan
12-04-2003, 08:56 AM
I was trying to get the Monster tested on DFX+, but I only have the full version, so I couldn't do it.

Here's the link again - I thought I posted it.

http://learndigitalfusion.com/MonsterReview.htm