PDA

View Full Version : Needed: Bokeh image for the manual

BeeVee
03-03-2015, 08:34 AM
Hey all,

Can anyone help out with a nice Bokeh image for the LightWave manual? It would need to be at least 1000 pixels wide, but doesn't matter if it's really widescreen. I need it to show the traditional polys of light and a screengrab of your Camera Properties window to go with would be even better. No prizes but a credit with your website.

Thanks in advance,

B

MonroePoteet
03-06-2015, 01:15 AM
I'd hoped someone more expert than me would reply, but maybe these will be helpful. It's just Surface hypervoxels on a static emitter with a multi-layer textured color, highly luminescent. The three images are: no Depth-of-Field, with DOF turned on but no motion blur (resulting in higher noise in the blurring and less shutter shaping of the blurring), and then with a 6-pass, photoreal motion blur with a Mitchell soft reconstruction filter added to the DOF. Hope it helps, and no credit is required. Perhaps someone else can provide a better example.

mTp

BeeVee
03-06-2015, 01:45 AM
That last one is spot on! Can you pm me the render and scene please along with your name for the credit?

B

djwaterman
03-06-2015, 05:41 AM
I wasn't sure what you wanted from the original description, so now that I see I put something together as well. Use if suitable. Just rows of poly dots at different distances from the camera.

Ryan Roye
03-06-2015, 05:42 AM
You Brokeh the render!

... sorry couldn't help myself.

MonroePoteet
03-06-2015, 07:53 AM
If you choose to use the images I posted, here's a ZIP file with the scene and the three renders, in case someone else might want to look at them as well. If you require a credit line, my name is the same as my user name: "Monroe Poteet"

Thanks,
mTp

BeeVee
03-09-2015, 03:54 AM
Thank you both very much. I wasn't getting the traditional Bokeh shapes, but seeing your work I realised I needed to reduce the Lens F-Stop dramatically - once it was under 1 I started to get the shimmery quality I was looking for.

B