PDA

View Full Version : TalkShow Requirements

rbhaigh
03-02-2015, 05:19 AM
Do I need a separate static IP address for each incoming call?
ie Do I need 3 static IPs at the receiving end for 3 callers in cue simultaneously?

What is the recommended upload speed at the TX sites?
Recommended resolution from the TX site with a standard home upload capability.

Without REF, what is the delay in frames/MS at the Receiving end?

Thanks guys!

kanep
03-02-2015, 07:15 AM
Do I need a separate static IP address for each incoming call?
ie Do I need 3 static IPs at the receiving end for 3 callers in cue simultaneously?
You can run multiple units behind a router. You might need to configure some ports to direct incoming traffic to systems, but that depends on how the router is configured.

What is the recommended upload speed at the TX sites?
Recommended resolution from the TX site with a standard home upload capability.
This chart will help, Skype TX handles single calls not group calls. Also this chart doesn't go up to 1080p, which requires 3 to 3.5mbit/s bandwidth.
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1417/how-much-bandwidth-does-skype-need

Without REF, what is the delay in frames/MS at the Receiving end?
This is vary depending on network conditions and it isn't possible to give this as a single number. Once a call is established Skype TX will give you this information. I've seen from a few milliseconds (when both Skype and Skype TX are on the same local network) to a few hundred milliseconds (which is similar to the delay on a cell phone call). I suppose it is possible for it to get even higher, Skype prioritizes audio over video and adjusts the bandwidth to match network conditions to try to keep this as low as possible.