PDA

View Full Version : Jugs Radar Gun?

jkcw0897
02-27-2015, 07:58 AM
Does anyone have any experience integrating a radar gun with Datalink and LiveText? The radar gun has a communication port and the manual addresses the appropriate settings. I'm sure I could bring it into a PC on a green background and then key image but I'm specifically talking livetext.

"The JUGS Gun™ has an RS232 communications port on the bottom of the
handle. Using a custom RS232 communications cable, you can connect
the radar and transmit data to display signs or to a PC for recording and
analyzing speed data. Figure 7 illustrates the location. The port format is:
ASCII, 1200 Baud, One (1) Start bit, Eight (8) Data bits, One (1) Stop bit,
No parity ."

Before getting my hands on one I thought I would see if this seems doable. Thanks!

JonRaidel
03-02-2015, 07:38 AM
graphics outfitters uses juggs radar gun in their software. rich foley can definitely help you out.

PIZAZZ
03-02-2015, 08:53 AM
We use Stalker Radar products. With a little work it can be done. I would suggest also talking with Rich at Graphics Outfitters.

jkcw0897
03-02-2015, 04:06 PM
As it turns out I'll actually be working with a Stalker. Looking a little bit into the manual it looks as if their are a few more features available as well as a more traditional 232 port. Curious if the integration requires any additional software or if it can be done with datalink alone. Appreciate any insight on this. Thanks!

PIZAZZ
03-03-2015, 07:58 AM
As it turns out I'll actually be working with a Stalker. Looking a little bit into the manual it looks as if their are a few more features available as well as a more traditional 232 port. Curious if the integration requires any additional software or if it can be done with datalink alone. Appreciate any insight on this. Thanks!

We had to hire a coder to write a piece of monitoring software to take the RS232 data from the gun and output an xml for the CG to display it.