PDA

View Full Version : Bounty! $50 dollar for a material solution.

toddpickens
02-26-2015, 11:34 AM
I am working on a contract and have hit a road bump. I need to develop a render of a table that has a top made of semi transparent resin (see photo of actual real world material attached).

I am happy to pay a $50 bounty (paypal or I can send you a check or money order) to the first person to come up with the solution for me. I need to solve this problem today.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, as I have tried every thing I can think of to match this look.

Material details:
Semi transparent resin
One side (side facing away from camera in the case of this sample image) is painted opaque black. I also have to render this in a version that has the painted side in green, so the color of the opaque side must be editable. The green color value is Green RGB 63 59 1 - HEX 3F3B01.

I am using LW 10.1 so the solution must be compatible with that version.

toddpickens
02-26-2015, 11:37 AM
If anyone can come up with a good solution in the next 2 hours, I'll pay $100.

RebelHill
02-26-2015, 12:03 PM
Delta node

toddpickens
02-26-2015, 12:09 PM
How did you set the pink color on the material?

Will test this as soon as my current render finishes. That looks like it might well do the trick!

RebelHill
02-26-2015, 12:17 PM
Its 2 surfaces... the rear wall is a different surface, coloured red (and double sided, while the other walls are using the material.

toddpickens
02-26-2015, 12:19 PM
Ok thats what I thought, just making sure you hadnt done it another way, Like a separate quad detached from the rest of the block. will try it now.

toddpickens
02-26-2015, 12:41 PM
Thank you! this really saves my @$$! Here's a render of the applied material with a few tweaks to color and such.

RebelHil, Email me at toddpickens at gmail dot com so we can arrange a way for me to pay you.

- - - Updated - - -

damn, forgot attachment.

tonyrizo2003
02-27-2015, 12:44 AM
Thank you! this really saves my @$$! Here's a render of the applied material with a few tweaks to color and such.

RebelHil, Email me at toddpickens at gmail dot com so we can arrange a way for me to pay you.

- - - Updated - - -

damn, forgot attachment.

Oh that's nice!!