PDA

View Full Version : $50 dollar bounty for a material solution.

toddpickens
02-26-2015, 10:43 AM
I am working on a contract and have hit a road bump. I need to develop a render of a table that has a top made of semi transparent resin (see photo of actual real world material attached).

I am happy to pay a $50 bounty (paypal or I can send you a check o money order) to the first person to come up with the solution for me. I need to solve this problem today.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, as I have tried every thing I can think of to match this look.

Material details:
Semi transparent resin
One side (side facing away from camera in the case of this sample image) is painted opaque black. I also have to render this in a version that has the painted side in green, so the color of the opaque side must be editable. The green color value is Green RGB 63 59 1 - HEX 3F3B01.

I am using LW 10.1 so the solution must be compatible with that version.

JoePoe
02-26-2015, 11:45 AM
just trying to expedite any potential solution:

1) No sample image attached.
2) Your lighting setup is critical to the look. Do you have a scene set up with the lighting (and/or environment) you want/need?

toddpickens
02-26-2015, 11:54 AM
Wopps, here it is.

toddpickens
02-26-2015, 11:56 AM
Joe, Yes, i have a scene and I'm getting goo renders on all of my props. I have also developed good semi transparent glass materials, but the client really wants the look of the sample material.

I don't have a ton of experience with the node editor so i may simply be failing at it.