PDA

View Full Version : All output connections having all available options that Output 1 and 2 have

SergiM
02-25-2015, 11:30 AM
We use several Tricaster 8000.

So far both Output 1 and 2 have these options:
Cameras, Network, Media Players, Mix Effects, Buffers, M/E Preview, Preview, Program, Program (Clean), Black.

but from Output 3 onwards, they only have
Cameras, Network, Media Players, Buffers, Follow 1 and Follow 2.

Although some combinations could be done with Follow 1/2 to have those options in those outputs, in some setups it would be extremely convenient to have all possible options there, independently of out1/2. If not enabling this was a cpu issue, I think most of us would be willing to sacrifice a H264 recording (as long as we're told by the system that both things can't happen at the same time) or similar in order to have this.

Talked to Pawel and Chris at BVE London yesterday about this and they agree it'd be good to have all options available in all outputs.
Maybe an easy feature to add?

Thanks,

kanep
02-25-2015, 12:50 PM
Sometimes giving up something isn't as easy as, I'd take this and not have that. H.264 encoding is using dedicated hardware in the TriCaster, so 'giving it up' wouldn't help in this case, but I understand what you mean. I do know that many people have asked for this feature.