PDA

View Full Version : 2015.2 (build 2838): cursor keeps disappearing

hdace
02-24-2015, 09:40 AM
When I'm holding down option (or alt) or otherwise navigating the viewport in Layout using my tablet pen, the cursor keeps disappearing. If I move it to my second monitor or move it down to the timeline handle so it gets manually re-drawn, it's back again. Don't know if it happens with a mouse, or whether I'd get the same behavior in Windows (I'm on Mac right now). If anyone else gets the same effect I'd report it.

Kishkumen
07-13-2015, 01:26 PM
I'm getting the same problem with build 2839, also on a Mac. In Layout, I can depend on the cursor disappearing every single time I move or rotate an object. I have to pass the mouse off the the Layout window and back to get it to return.

This works, but uses a lot of production time whizzing the mouse across the screen after every tiny adjustment

hdace
08-17-2015, 02:24 PM
I would just like to point out that this is still happening. It definitely happens with a mouse or a pen/tablet. I'm surprised there haven't been more complaints about this.

3DBob
08-28-2015, 07:41 AM
I basically cant use it because of this - I am on Windows 8

hdace
08-28-2015, 08:17 AM
I have reported this. Case LWB-1776

DigitalDeuce
08-28-2015, 09:06 AM
Can I get stats on machines, os's, and drivers for this issue ?

zardoz
08-28-2015, 10:11 AM
you all have two monitors? if yes, after turning off one of the monitors it still happens?
this happens if layout is maximized and also in windowed mode?
do you have the normal mouse cursor or any custom cursor?
in windows if you turn on the Display pointer trails option do you see any changes?

just some ideas

hdace
08-28-2015, 12:12 PM
I'm swamped at the moment but I will report more in a few hours

hdace
08-28-2015, 02:32 PM
I can't reproduce it on my Windows machines anymore. Possibly because I updated the Nvidia driver on one of them. Two others I can't check right now. My Macs are really hackintoshes so there's not much point in talking about them as no one would support them anyway.

One of my older Windows computers is not doing it right now, so it might not be a video driver issue.

zardoz
08-28-2015, 04:13 PM
well it's an incredible coincidence to have it happening in windows and macs at the same time. I think you have to look for what do you have in common there.
it's not the operating system so I guess what you have left is the hardware or lightwave.
This situation seems rare in these forums, we don't have a lot of people complaining about it so I would say that the problem is not in lightwave.
it would be great to know if other 3d apps cause the same issue.
I would blame the hardware, almost for sure it is a graphics card issue.