PDA

View Full Version : How does Talk Show handle ducking?

Columbo11
02-23-2015, 04:55 PM
I've started to experiment with Skype calls with the TalkShow system.

If the host and client do not talk on top of each other, then there are no problems with the audio.

However, if the host is talking AND the client is talking ... at the same time ... it appears that the client's audio drops off.

I have read the manual but I do not see this issue addressed.

Is there a setting that will assist me in allowing host and client to talk on top of each other, without losing the client audio? Is not, how do the cable shows achieve this? I don't think there could be a political interview on a cable network if two (or three) individuals weren't all talking on top of each other! The situation would only get more complicated if I were to buy a second or third TalkShow unit (for interviews with a total of 3 or 4 individuals); is there a way in the control panel that would allow multiple people to be broadcast/recorded if there were multiple voices going at the same time?

If there is not a setting in TalkShow, or a means of allowing this situation of simultaneous talk-over, is there additional software or hardware that will facilitate this?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

PS

SBowie
02-24-2015, 07:14 AM
If there is not a setting in TalkShow, or a means of allowing this situation of simultaneous talk-over, is there additional software or hardware that will facilitate this?This is something we've noticed, too. If you haven't already done so, you should try the latest TalkShow update, as it is improved in this respect. Ultimately, complete resolution rests on the Skype client side, though, and we're expecting further improvement there, too (though obviously I can't say anything about timing).