PDA

View Full Version : batch crapture/dual monitors

objuan
12-02-2003, 03:24 AM
Is there anyway to change the preferences in batch capture, so you can double click on the file name, or numeric point, or whatever field and edit it immediatly? I HATE having to right click the field, say yes I want to edit this, and then go edit it. It's the sort of thing I can feel sucking away years of my life every time I have to do it, which tends to be several times a minute when I'm setting up a capture list.

I find it particularly annoying because my dual monitor set up is weird. The toaster bg only comes up on my primary monitor. Once I have a screen up (like batch capture) I can drag it over to the other monitor, but every new screen (like the rightclick menu) comes up on the primary monitor, and if I close VT3 and open it again everything is squished into the first monitor.

How do I make Toaster/ Lightwave realize I have two monitors?

Thanks again for everyone's help. One of these days I hope to provide someone with an answer, but in the meantime I appreciate all of yours...

Ocean

Jim Capillo
12-02-2003, 04:20 AM
There are several threads on how to set up dualies - do a search. I think what is happening is that you have the dual monitors set up thru windoze. You need to set them up thru the driver software (NVidia, etc.). It won't work the other way.

What kind of video board/drivers do you have?

eon5
12-02-2003, 06:36 AM
right panel in desktop>properties>configuration tab>advanced>videoboardtabprop>expand desktop horizontally

SBowie
12-02-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by eon5
right panel in desktop>properties>configuration tab>advanced>videoboardtabprop>expand desktop horizontally HOWEVAH -- before you can enable horizontal spanning in the nVidia driver section, you have to disable the second monitor in the XP settings panel. To do so, right click on its icon in the display pane, and de-select "Attached."

MediaSig
12-02-2003, 11:24 AM
Ocean,

I could be wrong, but I think all you have to do is highlight the field you want to rename (click once) and immediately start typing on the keyboard. Input your new name and hit Enter. I was doing a batch list yesterday and that's how this worked.

Greg