PDA

View Full Version : SDI Input for return video simply doesn't work

RoverRadio
02-21-2015, 02:32 PM
I can get return video via network from TC8000 and even another machine that has iVGA Pro on it.

However, I have been absolutely unable to get any video in via SDI. Have tried output from TC8000 via SDI and also from a AG-AC160 camera connected to TalkShow directly.

Nothing works. Have tried multiple resolutions, framerates, etc.

Any ideas? Perhaps I'm missing something?

Thanks,

Shane

SBowie
02-21-2015, 03:48 PM
Did you follow the steps regarding SDI settings described in the User Guide, Section 3.8.2 ?

RoverRadio
02-21-2015, 06:50 PM
Yep. Have looked through manual a couple of times.

I'm not in front of device now, so I'm going by memory here...

In Group settings, there are two dropdowns for Video input (one for Newtek Video Device or something like that, and one for SDI Input (none detected). Have tried both (neither worked), but that's the only thing I didn't really see in the manual.

But, yes, I have set Return video to every possible combination and nothing has worked.

For example, I have output PGM as 720P from my TC8000 right to a montor and can see it fine...unplug that SDI cable and put it into Talkshow, and I can't get anything at all.

The ultimate reason I am hoping to do this is to minimize delay on the return feed. When going via TC8000 network into return, there's a pretty hefty lag (about 3/4 second or so). The video from the Skype caller into TC8000 is pretty quick though...not nearly as much lag. I figured going SDI out of TC8000 into SDI IN on TS may help.

Thanks,

Shane

kanep
02-21-2015, 10:06 PM
The settings found in the gear in the 'upper' location in Skype TX is mainly for output settings. Just make sure that 'NewTek Video' is selected in this part of the settings panel. To adjust the input video settings you need to click on the 'Return' button found in the TalkShow control bar found at the bottom of the screen, in there you will find the settings for the SDI input that your return feed works with. You might need to restart Skype TX after changing the settings for it to take effect.

SBowie
02-22-2015, 05:04 AM
I was specifically wondering whether you had properly set the SDI framerate setting and SDI resolution settings, as directed in that section. If incorrect, this would happen. You should not need to modify the default device settings, which is why they aren't mentioned in the docs.

RoverRadio
02-23-2015, 10:46 AM
After some trial and error, I got this working.

The trick was to go to the gear on the top left, and change the OUTPUT setting. It was set for 720P/60. I switched it to 720P/59.94 and that allowed the INPUT in the return to work.

A little counter-intuitive, but that got it operating.

And, as I suspected, the latency being sent to the Skype caller return is much less than using the network out of TC8000.

Shane

SBowie
02-23-2015, 11:44 AM
A little counter-intuitive, but that got it operating.I don't disagree. This isn't something we have control over though, so all we can do is document it. I tripped over this framerate setting myself the first time I connected, which is why I suggested checking this.

alonso
02-26-2015, 12:40 PM
Hi i just finish read the manual and make some test with my new Talkshow.

I think I'm missunderstanding the interface,
I send from my tricaster 8000 an HD-SDI signal 1080i60 to the input of talkshow
i see the incoming signal, my doubt is on the image that i attach is not suppose that in device input reconized the sdi input? why say that none found?
thanks masters :D

SBowie
02-26-2015, 12:50 PM
i see the incoming signal, my doubt is on the image that i attach is not suppose that in device input reconized the sdi input? why say that none foundThe device settings in the upper left pane default to NewTek devices, and do not need to be modified. (Setting it to "None Found" manually on the machine I have here did nothing, and after deliberately electing it and 'saving' the change, it reverted to 'NewTek' automatically.)

alonso
02-26-2015, 12:56 PM
that was fast Mr Steve Thanks :D