View Full Version : character: Arwen

akademus
03-05-2003, 05:17 PM
it still needs some fixes but it looks nice

http://www.firedragon.com/~lwg3d/wip/2003/03/05-912063.jpg

oxyg3n
03-05-2003, 05:25 PM
Wow,

I like this alot. I am a huge fan of lotr. A few things that have stuck out to me though are her eyes and the left <my left> corner of her lips.

I think that the left eye has a strange reflection/ or highlight around it and that the corner of the mouth looks pinched.

Keep up the good work, I cant wait to see an update!!

Meaty
03-05-2003, 07:32 PM
looks great, you really captured the 'sad' look she always has! nice work

Capel
03-05-2003, 09:03 PM
Were you going for an exact look-alike? Cuz it's not there yet. I think the eyes need some work as far as modeling goes. The lips are okay, but almost too big. Texturing is nice, though. Good work so far.

Demon
03-06-2003, 01:33 AM
well she looks ok, but man, pls work on the ears.. those ears are way too big. the mouth looks also a bit distorted. the eyes are very bluish, besides that it look ok to me... keep it goin man

Maxx
03-06-2003, 05:09 AM
Looks great so far! The only crit I can offer is that there looks like there's too much room between the lower ocular ridge and the start of the actual eyeballs. Like the head kind of got stretched from the cheekbones up. The texturing, however, looks fantastic! Keep it up :D

johnnyh66
03-06-2003, 09:14 AM
great emotion! I agree w/the ear comments... they kinda look stuck on. I like the eyes though, looks like she's about to cry :(

mjroddy
03-06-2003, 10:33 AM
Being a Newbie (I always preface it that way because I barely feel worthy of commenting on such master's work), but I personally like the eyes. I even like the creases at the edges of the mouth, they look like "her." Over all, a fantastic piece of work to my eyes. But I agree that the ears look pasted on - kind of "after the fact."
Darn good work, though!!!

dmg3d
03-06-2003, 10:34 AM
Akademus-

I think it looks great. Even though the lips do look a little big, I wouldn't change them. The ears need a better transition from the cheek. Also maybe a bit more petite.

Great job. Very good likeness.

-Dave

akademus
03-06-2003, 12:07 PM
well hair isn't finished yet, you can see it falling from top of the head, but there is no hair around the ears and i believe that makes them look to big

however i'm still working on it (but i don't have much because i have to work on some paid projects)

here is model of her

i'll send more updates soon