PDA

View Full Version : Surface Baker and Inside Lightwave 7

Fistandantilus
12-02-2003, 12:12 AM
So I'm currently on Chapter 9 of Dan book where you bake a surface.Now I load up the scene and replace it with the uvmap from modeler,go to surface editor and the wallsz surface(object i place previously?),add the surface bake shader and set everything.Now here's my problem under Surface Baker and under uvmap it has none and texture...Do i set it to texture.It says in the book to load the uvmap that you created in modeler.So I am assuming this is Texture.When I render the scene surface baking in progress will come up eventually.
Here's what actually happens:
http://www.hawgwild.us/pixiehost/datas/users/140-Untitled-2.jpg
Now it gets to Scanning Polygons than processing.I've let this go for nearly an hour and the progress bar still says 0%.When I try to click on abort the program says not responding.Could this be due to my graphics card?Ram?My system is
P4at 2.4 ghz
512 DDR Sdram
32mb ati radeon card.
I'm also using a laptop and the radeon is a 7500 mobile.

Any ideas why surface baking won't work?Or do I just need to let it run alot longer?

Fistandantilus
12-02-2003, 12:15 AM
Alo the resolution on this is 160x120,did it small so could do it faster to show you all.I have tried it on larger resolutions as well with the same problem.

Fistandantilus
12-02-2003, 05:15 PM
Someone has to know the answer..Anyone??