PDA

View Full Version : Real artifical sunlight.

shrox
02-13-2015, 05:27 PM
Scientists have created artificial sunlight that’s real enough to trick your brain

http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-created-artificial-sunlight-that-s-real-enough-to-trick-your-brain

Sensei
02-13-2015, 07:39 PM
The real Sun has 1367 W/m^2 power at 150 mln km distance from it and 1050 W/m^2 at Earth's ground at noon at summer. Imagine how much it must take energy to simulate this..

shrox
02-13-2015, 07:51 PM
The real Sun has 1367 W/m^2 power at 150 mln km distance from it and 1050 W/m^2 at Earth's ground at noon at summer. Imagine how much it must take energy to simulate this..

I was really curious about how deep the "skylight" is, it might be rather boxy, but they never showed it's workings. Looks pretty convincing though.

prometheus
02-14-2015, 04:59 AM
In December we had only five hours of sun in the whole month, I was feeling quite tired at that time, I think it had to do with the lack of sunlight.
I wonder if this could actually change the body hormons ..melantonin etc and make it easier on us, it would be fantastic for homes over here in scandinavia or other north placed locations.
I also wonder if it actually could make our body produce d-vitamin? I would guess it will not though.

Then there´s a question when I can afford it ? (61000 usd), and also how much power One would need to use it :)

I guess I have to continue looking for some sort of cheaper morning waking sunlight lamp meanwhile....though the recent days the weather has been quite clear and sunny for februari months over here, I think it will go down in history as some of the warmest Februari months recorded...at least in Sweden.
4-5 celsius plus in februari in daytime, it usually is at minus 10-12 degree.