PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Render A Normal Pass? (LW 9.6)

Giacomo99
02-13-2015, 09:25 AM
Hi-

I'm trying to render a straight-up no-frills normal pass in LW 9.6 (Mac OS 10.6.8). It seems to me that I should be able to simply connect the "Normal" output from the Spot Info node to the "Color" input on the Surface node, set the luminosity to 100%, and render. But the render produces a completely unexpected result. What am I doing wrong? Image attached...please advise.

MSherak
02-13-2015, 10:03 AM
Hi-

I'm trying to render a straight-up no-frills normal pass in LW 9.6 (Mac OS 10.6.8). It seems to me that I should be able to simply connect the "Normal" output from the Spot Info node to the "Color" input on the Surface node, set the luminosity to 100%, and render. But the render produces a completely unexpected result. What am I doing wrong? Image attached...please advise.

Since you are in 9.6 you will need to use DPKit and DPFilter from here http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/main_en.htm There is also a .pdf attached of the old LW wiki page that is information how to use the plugins to create all kinds of render passes.

-M

Giacomo99
02-13-2015, 10:32 AM
Thanks so much!...this is a bit more complex than I was hoping for, but I will pull my socks up and get to work.