PDA

View Full Version : animal reference

vonpietro
02-12-2015, 01:42 PM
Just thought i'd post this.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=910939838918267&fref=nf

couldn't help but notice the fur - since i've been looking at fiber fx.

PLus it's super cute.

aside from that. This critter has got short fur. Look at the point when he extends his torso - the fur does an interesting thing
it separates in clumps.

How could we get this effect in fiber fx.

See how when he faces left at time 2:21 he extends his body for a second and the fur develops separation in clumps.

I imagine a map could be used, sas i think could do this kind of thing. I'm not familiar enough with fiber fx to know though.

Greenlaw
02-12-2015, 02:05 PM
Wow, he is cute! Thanks for sharing that. I would never get any work done if I had one...it's bad enough with two cats and a child in the house. :)

As for moving cg fur to separate in clumps, FiberFX guides can be manipulated on top of other deformations using morphs, so you may be able to get this effect with Endomorphs and Joint Morph Plus. I haven't done the specific effect you described (I've only used morphs to make the fur move with facial expressions and fix some bad joint deformations,) but I think you might be able to reproduce it with this method. Just a thought.

G.

JoePoe
02-12-2015, 06:46 PM
Super Cute. I want one!

Thinking out load....
I wonder if it's possible to use DP Tension in several of the Fiber settings (http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?88985-Fiber-FX-Cheat-Sheets) (same link I posted in your other thread) to get an effect when bending.

or, perhaps just a different surface separated a tiny bit from the rest. At rest or on contraction fibers would fill in, and on a heavy extension the spaces would be visible.

vonpietro
02-12-2015, 07:36 PM
I love ferrets - never saw one so young though, there even cuter.

what does dp tension do? IS that a node?

JoePoe
02-12-2015, 08:23 PM
what does dp tension do? IS that a node?

Yes. It's part of DP Kit (http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/nodes/Additionnal_Nodes_2.html), an enormously useful set of plugs.

Tension (http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/nodes/nodes/Curvatures.html#Tension) is specific to control of mesh deformation according to compression and stretch of a joint.

Dan Ritchie
02-13-2015, 12:04 PM
Oh man, if they eat mice, I'll take a dozen.

prometheus
02-14-2015, 01:50 PM
Lol..supercute indeed, what energy that little one has, I hope they donīt bite hard enough and through the skin?, maybe they do if they really wanted to.

Donīt ferretīs smell bad?

Fsoto
02-14-2015, 02:21 PM
that one is cute; but you're right, they do smell.

vonpietro
02-14-2015, 08:53 PM
ferrets are usually good tempered, and dont bite - they will put their mouth on your finger and pretend, but wont bite, they know the difference.
smart animals too.

prometheus
02-15-2015, 07:10 AM
ferrets are usually good tempered, and dont bite - they will put their mouth on your finger and pretend, but wont bite, they know the difference.
smart animals too.

They seem smart indeed, still..they smell I guess :) unfortunatly I am allergic to my favourite animal "cats" I heard somewhere that ferrets might be an alternative?
I reckon I have to get me a cat without that allergenic protein, or get a sensibilitation vaccination cure to get rid of the allergy...I donīt think ferrets can rebplace the cuddly purring cat completly.
May have to wait for a robo cat, and maybe 30 years from now if I get the chance to enter eldery care, they might have robotic seals, I know two countyīs here in sweden that invested in some of those for demented people, robo seal, robo cat...or even a robo girl, doesnīt matter as long
as I donīt get allergy :D

Michael

ianr
02-15-2015, 09:04 AM
Before you adopt them, please Google:

'Ferrets up trousers in Country Britain'

No animals where harmed in the making of this Post

vonpietro
02-15-2015, 11:07 AM
They will bite if you piss them off by stuffing them down your trousers

JoePoe
02-15-2015, 11:28 AM

It's not the ferrets being harmed that concerns me in this particular sport :oye:....:ohmy:.

They will bite if you piss them off by stuffing them down your trousers

Exactly! :D

Kryslin
02-15-2015, 01:10 PM
Ferrets and Weasels belong to the Family Mustilidae, which includes skunks, wolverines, civet cats, and badgers... and they all spray and stink.

That l'il guy is a weasel. Ferrets are much larger. Ferrets make wonderful pets, and yes, they do eat rodents, though mine preferred ferret chow and veggies.

Weasels, though, are straight up carnivores, so I don't know how good a pet they'd make. Doesn't stop that l'il critter from being so cute, though. :)

Dan Ritchie
02-18-2015, 02:43 PM
>Donīt ferretīs smell bad?

How picky are you?

Ma3rk
02-18-2015, 03:59 PM

Wow. I'm sure there's quite a history of how that started, but since the "official" rules state that the competitor's can't be drunk, what would prompt one to do this in the first place? Or is it that by making sure you're drunk to begin with, that protects you from competing?

Next week: Tips for a successful Haggis hunt.