PDA

View Full Version : Porsche 911 GT2

brtk
03-05-2003, 05:02 PM
An early stage of my first sds car.

brtk
03-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Simple rafdiosity render test, added some details...

Meaty
03-06-2003, 08:03 PM
lookin great so far

banshee
03-07-2003, 04:02 AM
Looks good so far. Surfaces look to be pretty smooth. Two things stick out at me though... first is on the bottom corner by the wheel well, it looks like a flap that curls up although it's not visible it the open gl pic. Second would be the flare-outs of the wheel wells themselves. Are they actually seperate pieces from the car body on the real car? I'm not sure because I don't have a ref pic.:o For a first car, you've got a really good start. My avatar was my first car:) Look forward to your progress.

Swami Rabbitima
03-07-2003, 07:11 AM
How did you do those nice panel seams?

Lewis
03-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Looks cery good and clean model. Keep the good progress :)

Dave3D
03-07-2003, 03:50 PM
Good work so fair cant wait to see finshed, i think them headlight will be the hardest bit

Dave

brtk
03-07-2003, 08:12 PM
Hi folks!

Thaks for such positive response - I needed this:) Some updates: added mirrors, doorhandles and modeled rear part of the car, also added an edge on wheel flare-outs (so this is the correct term for those?) they look more convex now...

@Banshee : flare-outs separate or not ? I dont know, on my blueprints there are lines that looks like joints and on pictures I managed to find on the net it looks also like joins but not as sharp as the others, and on top of that there is a row of bolts running along upper edge - havent modelled them yet, saving them for larer, itīll be a hell :) - Iīd upload an image but donīt want to waste server space...

@ Swami : I use DAZ split edge plugin - basically it makes a band of polys that you bevel in. Give it a try and let mi know if you have problems, I can post more detailed description on tips&trics section...btw Lewis wrote a tut about madeling a car havnīt read it thoī but suppose joints are covered too...

@ Lewis : Iīve seen your Viper wip - very smooth and light mesh looks like - mine begins to fell too dense and clumsy..

@ Dave : Well it doesnīt feel like the headlights will be such a prob, but the other lights probably will I donīt have any details on them...

CU / Bartek

brtk
03-07-2003, 08:19 PM
hereīs the pic

Abigor
03-10-2003, 02:08 PM
hey man, great pics. r u using and HRDI image for the reflections and lighting? if so, i like it alot... where might i b able to get that image?

brtk
03-10-2003, 06:01 PM
haha! 9 000 polys and I feel like Iīm only halfway...

The hdri used is slightly desaturated Building_probe.pic, you should find it in Images/HDR directory in your LW folder.

hereīs another update

Epita
03-11-2003, 12:48 PM
That looks great, cant wait to see the end. -looks at phone bill argh runns of screamming!-

Epita

brtk
03-20-2003, 05:53 PM
Not yet ....

fatboy
03-21-2003, 11:37 AM
Good work