PDA

View Full Version : Media Playout Server that works well with TriCaster?

austinminn
02-10-2015, 01:42 PM
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of a media playout server that works well with a TriCaster? Essentially, are there any good, simple playout servers that also have features specifically for TriCaster? If not, what is a good, simple playout server.

I realize the TriCaster is kind of a playout server in itself, we are looking for something that is independent of the TriCaster and something we could use to override the TriCaster should it fail, or for other uses as well (nothing specific). It would just be cool if it could then also be used in conjunction with our TriCaster should we need it for something on that end as well.

Thanks for any ideas!

kanep
02-10-2015, 03:21 PM
Are you looking for something that TriCaster can control? Or something that can play TriCaster recorded files?

TriCaster does not directly control any 3rd party playout systems, but you might be able to make one work with macros and an eBox, if the playout server has GPI support.

As for working with files, I'm not sure. There are a few options in the Media Export options in TriCaster for some playout systems, but many playout systems that I've seen usually have a limited number of codecs and file formats that they will accept.

TPUC
02-11-2015, 02:33 PM
We use the TelVue playout server on our system. Works great only catch is we have to transcode the Tricaster files with a program called Carbon Coder before they will play out. We are running 4 channels 24/7 with it.