PDA

View Full Version : Shaders Disappear, After Saving and Reloading the Scene File in Layout

rcallicotte
02-06-2015, 09:09 PM
I have built the same shaders three times now, saved the scene and then reloaded only to have the shader gone. What am I doing wrong or is this a bug?

rcallicotte
02-06-2015, 09:21 PM
Save all rather than save scene only?

spherical
02-07-2015, 12:00 AM
Only in rare cases do I trust Layout to save models (save transformed, save displaced). If I have made changes to a model, I let Modeler save it. If layout pops up a dialogue that says that "Some objects are out of date." I dismiss the dialogue and check if Modeler thinks that this is the case. Usually, I know that I haven't changed anything on the models that Layout thinks have changed. When in doubt, ask Modeler what it thinks.

Sensei
02-07-2015, 02:28 AM
I have built the same shaders three times now, saved the scene and then reloaded only to have the shader gone. What am I doing wrong or is this a bug?

Nodes and shaders are saved inside of LWO object.
If you change something in Node Editor, you must save object.

If you want nodes to be saved together with LWS scene file, use Global Materials.
http://globalmaterials.trueart.eu
(it's useful for bypassing IFF sub-chunk limitation, or having just one object with different surfacing in many scenes)