PDA

View Full Version : how amny of you guys would be intrested in paint, masking and rotocscoping plugins

videoguy
12-01-2003, 05:13 PM
Hi,

I am looking into creating some paint type plugins for tedit i also am thinking about the ability to use george sciripts in tededit how many of you would be intreseted i would of course distribute these for free! but i dont want to puta lot of effort into them if no one wants them

wvp
12-01-2003, 05:44 PM
I think if they are being offered for FREE the answer is always "yes we are very interested!" or "of course we want them!"
Give me something (especially at no cost!) and I'll find a use for it!:D

Daren
12-01-2003, 06:11 PM
Yes,
That would great. count me in.

Daren

videoguy
12-01-2003, 06:17 PM
can you guys think of some paint type tools you would like . i am thinking about free hand croping . free hand siizing and shaping . normal paint tools , heal tool like in photoshop . advanced color correction where you pick the part of the video u want to color correct with a free hand pen stuff like that

donlmccoy
12-01-2003, 06:22 PM
This is a much needed feature it is Called ROTO SPLINE
If you can pull it off Let me know
I have been wanting since aura 1.0

What you need to do though is to be able to key frame this feature other wise it would be usless to me

if you look at how After effects and Digital Fusion uses these features then this would be a big plus in TED

this feature would be GREAT in TED, Aura Or Mirage

Don L. McCoy
-Area51-

RomainR
12-01-2003, 07:12 PM
Did you say plugins? For TED?

YES, YES, YES.

Daren
12-01-2003, 08:00 PM
Yes George Scripts would be great too.
What kind of time frame are you talking about?

Near future? or someday in the future?

I agree it would be great to be able to do many of the type of things that After Effects can do right in the Toaster.

Really That would be a huge Plus.

videoguy
12-01-2003, 09:26 PM
whats roto spline can you give me some details?

i am thinking 6 to 14 weeks depending on what i decide to include in it and if i get any help if anyone is intrested in helping email me at z24condren at hotmail . com

donlmccoy
12-01-2003, 11:02 PM
Ok Here you go this is a prefect example of what a roto spline is and does

The Rotospline Tool is the basis of precise masking and the last word in Rotoscoping. When you need to create transparencies with very complex shapes, the Rotospline tool is the only option. The Rotospline tool uses the same conventions as the Pen Tool in Adobe PhotoShop and After Effects. You establish defining points in a closed geometrical pattern and then fine-tune the resulting lines into controlled curves with a choice of either B-splines or Natural Splines, the two most popular conventions in curve determination. You can create an unlimited number of these splines, or discrete transparency paths. You also have total control over how each spline interacts with other splines as well as the clip it is a part of.

Go to this link read the text and look at the pictures

http://www.lafcpug.org/commotionpage3_review.html

Now in ted you can all ready size a layer down and it has a box that appears that has handles here is a thought if one could attach nodes to this box that then could be animated you would have a roto Spline

eon5
12-02-2003, 06:33 AM
count me in!

the chroma effect in TeD SUX !
we need something like the ultimatte-plugin

roto spline and paint like DFusion will be GRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!

tkx!!!

AntAT
12-02-2003, 08:43 AM

ted
12-02-2003, 01:14 PM
Sounds great and all this input will make it even better.
Thanks for taking the lead!

Just remember, dont get too frustrated when people complain about what's NOT in your tools!:D

videoguy
12-02-2003, 03:16 PM
yeah exaclty since they are going to be free i hope unsterstands not everything will be included i think i am gonna start with free hand cropping and george scripts then move on from there. i am thinking about more filters too like from aura or photoshop

RuiFeliciano
12-02-2003, 05:19 PM
What is being described as rotosplining is something I've been requesting for ages: Keyframable bezier masks ie. The ability to draw a shape comprised of X vertices that act as a mask to a layer. Each vertice should be keyframable between each frame and would be defined by a bezier curve with tangent points. Aditionally, a feather control that would allow to dissolve the borders of the mask would be super.
With this kind of tool there would be no more need for a trip to Aura everytime we need to make a alpha for a video layer in Tedit.
With today's VT3 toolset, if I have a 30 mins video and want to mask a portion of it I have to bring the video into Aura (bleargh ;) do my mask and save another version of that 30 mins video in RTV uncompressed format with Alpha...even if it's a static mask comprised of a single bitmap...talk about ineficient editing!.
A very usufull aditional feature would be the combination of more than one shape with modes (Add, intersect).

prospector
12-02-2003, 06:40 PM
A tool like SPLATTERPAINT !!!

This would be most awsome for Painting...

like a george script so it can be animated over time and in conjunction with stroke recorder.

We need it
we want it
even more than life itself!!!:D

videoguy
12-02-2003, 07:49 PM
i will try but no promises ok? :D

prospector
12-04-2003, 09:28 AM
If I was Homer Simpson, I would be going
'mmmmmm splaaatterpaaaint'

one of the two last programs I keep the Amiga for.

The other is for Personell Paint sparkly letters.

Maby one of those too????:D

Jean
12-04-2003, 03:04 PM
Tranfer modes plz plz !!!

Add, multiply, screen...

easy mathematical opérations, low processor usage.

mgrusin
12-04-2003, 08:31 PM
Splined masks would be VERY cool.

How about a window-dub thing for timecode, clock, countup, countdown, etc.? That and Quicktime I/O are what I mostly use Aura for (and I have to relearn how to do it each time).

And not that you asked, ;) but I'd like to see more gadgets for the VT desktop, like (1) a clock, so that 4:30AM doesn't sneak up on you so often, and (2) a small window that will show drive space used/remaining for selected drives. (There was a really cool one under BeOS, with bars which turned green/yellow/red depending on the space left...)

But don't wait (or get overwhelmed) by all the suggestions, just pick what you want to do and start on it (KISS).

Good luck with your project! -MG

Jim_C
12-04-2003, 09:19 PM
>>like (1) a clock, so that 4:30AM doesn't sneak up on you so often, and (2) a small window that will show drive space used/remaining for selected drives.

http://pesoft.fr.st/

There is a really cool free app there called TinyResMeter that will display that and more. Set to top, change font,monitior cpu, ram etc.
Uses almost zero resources.

Just until its all a little click next to the new horiz/vert buttons.

eon5
12-05-2003, 04:55 PM
tkx for the link! :)

i just download CoolTicker and its AWESOME !