PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a recent video tutorial, nodes and importing .MOT

mummyman
02-06-2015, 10:08 AM
Hi there,

I remember recently seeing a cool tutorial where someone used camera motions and saving / importing them to help setup their rendered shots / layers and scenes. I can't remember who or where I viewed it and was wondering if someone could repost. Thanks!

Brett

mummyman
02-09-2015, 05:32 AM
Ah, after some time poking around with motion modifiers / Nodal Motions! DP Kit, and Time Lag!!! Looks promising for multiple passes / scene saving without loading motions over and over again! Still can't find that tutorial I watched, so whoever it was.... thank you!

mummyman
02-09-2015, 06:16 AM
However, I can't seem to get the camera focal envelope to keep and stay active. Any help on this would be great! Denis? Maybe I'm on an older version? I'll have to check that.

MonroePoteet
02-09-2015, 07:59 AM
I remember a few threads on setting up default scenes, creating macros to set up camera motions, etc., but I'm not sure what you're really trying to accomplish. What problem are you actually trying to solve? If you've set up a camera motion (or any other motion) and want to use it in another scene, you can select the object / camera and use Save=>Save Motion File to save that motion as a motionf file, then use Load=>Load Motion File for a different scene / camera / object. There was this fairly recent thread on recording macros for programmatic camera setup:

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?145391-Macro-Builder-Python-Script&p=1419535&highlight=#post1419535

re: the camera focal length envelope, that won't be saved in a motion file, but in the scene file. If you want to save / reuse a particular camera DOF envelope, you'd need to save it as a scene file (named something appropriate, like DefaultCameraDOF.lws), and then you could use the Load => Load Items from Scene to bring that camera information into a new scene.

mTp

mummyman
02-09-2015, 08:15 AM
Thanks, I will check this out. What I'm looking to do (which works perfectly using DP kit / Time Lag) Is making a camera motion. Then saving that motion as a .MOT file. In a new scene, add under Camera Motion Modifiers, a nodal motion using Time lag. Load that particular motion. Basically it's referencing that motion for all the scenes that I have set up that way and split out for "passes" Instead of always loading from scene. It's more automated. This works. When I try to do the same in the Zoom Envelope, it works, but DP Kit doesn't keep the settings for the envelope for some reason. It's only problematic if I decide to key the zoom factor. Thanks for the reply!

MonroePoteet
02-09-2015, 08:16 AM
You can also Save and Replace individual envelopes by right-clicking on a channel in the Graph Editor's channel bin, if that's what you're after.

mTp

mummyman
02-09-2015, 08:36 AM
No, I'm looking for something a bit more advanced! Thanks though!

mummyman
02-10-2015, 07:37 AM
Thanks to Bryphi: https://www.youtube.com/user/bryphi77 for helping me find what I was looking for! Here's the video I was talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEu4whF3aoI from Mikael Burman