PDA

View Full Version : LW -> Maya

Pryzm
02-05-2015, 07:18 PM
I've read a couple of posts that say the LW->Maya FBX conversion works really well, but I've not been able to get it to work correctly. Camera is the biggest issue. Position, Rotation info comes in correctly but seems like zoom is off. (Lens numbers seem to come in correct, though) The textures are REALLY reflective (basically mirrors), but the models do come in okay. The textures are basically colors and adjustments in the basic tab (I'm creating painted metallic objects).

Is there a tutorial somewhere that explains this? I don't expect exact, but it would seem that it should come in closer than it does. Camera is most important, I can rework the textures if needed.

thanks,

bruce

Julez4001
03-15-2015, 10:40 AM
You going to have to tweak surfaces. Usually the diffusion is reversed, same with Lumiosity (I think its incadense in Maya). Specular is 100 maxed.

Camera information - I think there is a formula for zoom that's a one time fix when it first load the scene.

Pryzm
03-18-2015, 09:45 AM
Thanks Julez, I appreciate the added info. Do you happen to know where to find the formula? I can almost get it through tweaking (seems the same with all the scenes I've tried) Thanks again!

bruce