PDA

View Full Version : Quick heads up, thanks to mighty DP you can now modify particle cache speed

Netvudu
02-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Hi there guys.

As you know, there was a problem with .pfx cache working, but not having an envelope on the cache speed.
I thought about using DP MD plugs, namely ParticleScan along with MDD Emitter, to cache the particles to an mdd file (which I didnīt know it could save variable number of points, to start with) and then reload them and change the speed with the Mapped time envelope.
The problem was that dead particles would fire off with insane velocity so the simulation looked wrong.
After a couple of emails with him and some Dennis Pontonnier magic you can now redownload the DP_MD plug with the following changes.

Updated (01/31/15) :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Fixed an error in Particle Scan for MDD export.
-Fixed a precision error in the MCC Emitter when reading particle ID.

This guy is a genius, I tell you. I donīt know how he does it. Big thanks to him!

gerardstrada
02-06-2015, 11:22 AM
Excellent news!

Thanks to Denis for the fixes and Javier for the heads up!

Gerardo

Chrusion
02-06-2015, 07:20 PM
And as an added benefit when using MDD_Emitter with a PFX scanned to MDD is single-pass photo-real motion blur! No more multi-pass (dithered or normal) classic motion blur that multiplies your render time by the number of passes entered in order to get blurred particles (HVs or Instances).