PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave and After effects

Danakinobi
02-05-2015, 07:29 AM
I currently use LW 11.6.3 64bit... Windows 7 pro 64bit... After Effects 2014CC(creative cloud).

I've been playing with the "send to AE" button in lightwave... It seems to send over the camera data and null data ok. But if I try to send a light... I get an error in After effects that it cannot recognize the light type.

I've made sure to only use the default lights in LW, such as spot, distant, or point. But I still get this error.

Has anybody had this issue? Is there a work around?

I know that this may be an issue with After Effects. But I was hoping someone in the LW community may have experience with this.

Regards,
Dan

jeric_synergy
02-05-2015, 12:01 PM
Pare your scene down to the minimum and experiment. If the problem persists, report via the bug form on your account page.

For instance, it might only be targeted lights, or lights that are children, or lights w/envelopes. Simplifyinig will help isolate the issue.

Danakinobi
02-08-2015, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the tip. I have an update.

When I select the light and click on "Send to AE"... I still get the error "Unable to execute script at line 31. After Effects error: Unable to set "lightType". Then enum is of the incorrect type". I attached a screen shot of it.

But I discovered that if I do not delete the light in After Effects and send the same light again from Lightwave, by clicking "Send to AE". The second time it will show up with no errors.

So that is my workaround for now.

Sekhar
02-08-2015, 11:11 PM
I get the same error (albeit on line 37) with the new 2015.1 version. Looks like it's not able to map between LW light types and the AE ones, but everything other than the type seems to be transferring. I'd report this as a bug, but I don't think it's a material problem because you just need to set the light type manually in AE.

jeric_synergy
02-09-2015, 09:50 AM
Just a question: is there a parenthesis in the Light name?