PDA

View Full Version : GPI Question

bbeanan
03-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Is it possible maybe via the GPI connection to trigger a DDR to start playing and stop??

Reason for asking is I am working on a project for a tradeshow booth and I am trying to automate the entire show. I am using a software program to take care of the show control which will be triggering the lighitng, sound and effects cues and I was trying to figure out if I could trigger my Toaster to do it's job as well. This would entail starting and stopping a few DDRs, and switching between inputs (2 live static cameras and the DDR sources). The show control system outputs midi show control commands. I'm just not sure if I can make it work??

Any ideas??

Faraz
03-05-2003, 07:06 PM
I think....
ToasterScript will check the status of the trigger, depeding on the status you can control the Switcher. So you could have the Swithcer switch to the DDR, and if the DDR is on cue mode it will start playing. I think this will work.

eon5
02-21-2005, 10:49 AM
I need a cable immediately for a new VT4 system + Sx8.

I have the diagram from Newtek, but it has all the tally and internals. Does anyone know what pins on the s-vga style connector I need to connect to a pushbutton to trigger the switcher so I can cue a DDR clip?

thx in advance