PDA

View Full Version : Double click to deselect - no likey

Doctor49152
02-04-2015, 09:12 PM
Is there a way to disable this? It's driving me mad. It's always getting rid of my selections when I don't want it too. I have space-bar mapped to drop selection.

zardoz
02-05-2015, 03:45 AM
nope. it would be a good idea if we had undo for selections. without undo for selections, it's nasty.

Every4thPixel
02-05-2015, 08:11 AM
A simple flag in the options would be nice. It really annoying. An other thing that annoys me a lot is that NT changed the copy paste select behavior. In 2015 when you past something it drops the selection and selects the newly pasted geometry. Prior to 2015 it kept the selection. This should be an option too.

Andy Webb
02-05-2015, 09:02 AM
I agree that giving you the option on these sort of things is how it should have been done, but for me I prefer the 2015 way. :thumbsup:

jeric_synergy
02-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Ugh, not looking forward to THAT (dblclk=deselect). Should REALLY be an option. Low hanging fruit IMO.

The other thing (Paste behavior) I'd maybe like, but one can also use the Paste Tool, if given a good hotkey.

Lewis
02-05-2015, 03:06 PM
Agreed, i don't liek it either, I've lost dozens of selection while working due that "feature" :(.

Sensei
02-05-2015, 05:50 PM
Undo for selections
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaHWBsTiL7s
:)

Sort of.

Doctor49152
02-12-2015, 09:46 PM
A simple flag in the options would be nice. It really annoying. An other thing that annoys me a lot is that NT changed the copy paste select behavior. In 2015 when you past something it drops the selection and selects the newly pasted geometry. Prior to 2015 it kept the selection. This should be an option too.

Hmm I've tried that in my Modeler 2015 and my pasting is the same at it always was. When I paste the original selection is still there.

jeric_synergy
02-12-2015, 10:32 PM
Is it still selected?

Wait a bit: I just tried this in 11.6.3 and it does the "drop current selection and select newly pasted geometry" behaviour, so it's at least that old.

Heck, now I'm all confused.... I know it used to be different, and in fact/ for me/ YMMV this new-ISH behavior is probably the preferred mode. I seem to recall a lot of hitting the COPY key in the old behavior.

Each method will have its optimum uses for particular tasks. If you're yearning for another way, try unearthing the PASTE TOOL in your menus. Unfortunately, (and indescribably stupidly) when you assign the Paste TOOL it shows up on a button as PASTE. Infuriating. Just rename it so you know it differs from "Paste", use LMB to place and RMB to paste copies, and go crazy.