PDA

View Full Version : OBJ export broken

lightscape
02-01-2015, 09:04 PM
OBJ export broken from lw 11, lw 2015. Changes the point order of obj compared to original obj.
It works in lw 9.6.
Created morphs in modeller then exported to be used on another app. Other than lw 9 and modo, the other two versions of lw have broken obj export.

MSherak
02-02-2015, 11:14 AM
OBJ export broken from lw 11, lw 2015. Changes the point order of obj compared to original obj.
It works in lw 9.6.
Created morphs in modeller then exported to be used on another app. Other than lw 9 and modo, the other two versions of lw have broken obj export.

9.6 had no options so make sure you check your OBJ options in 11.x and up. Merge Points, One VMap, Continous UV can change point order.

-m

jwiede
02-16-2015, 01:25 AM
9.6 had no options so make sure you check your OBJ options in 11.x and up. Merge Points, One VMap, Continous UV can change point order.

Actually, there were OBJ options in 9.6:
OBJ One Layer
OBJ One VMap
OBJ Pivot at Center
OBJ Write Normals
OBJ Merge Points
OBJ ZBrush Mode

The default settings have changed somewhat since then, but most of the same options should be present then as now. The options appeared in 9.5, IIRC, they don't seem to be present in 9.3.1 (not in either Layout's or Modeler's General Options panel, might be hidden elsewhere, I don't recall where if so).

The pic is from 9.6, not 9.6.1. Yosemite makes 9.6 title bars difficult to read, but the info is there.

MSherak
02-16-2015, 03:16 AM
Ah thats right they added it for zbrush.. Been so long since I have used 9. My bad...

-M